Author Topic: Adventurers finding Unique Items  (Read 5314 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Adventurers finding Unique Items
« Topic Start: March 27, 2018, 08:41:02 PM »
Apologies if this topic exists somewhere on the forum all ready, I spent a good bit of time searching and couldn't find it..

What are all the ways for an Advy to find/acquire a unique item? Can it be found just by hunting monsters? Do they need to search for items and they happen upon it? Do they need to have a Sage create one - or do Sage's only repair them?
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers finding Unique Items
« Reply #1: March 27, 2018, 11:01:35 PM »
From personal experience, I have found Unique Items by "Investigating" a region, from killing Alpha's/Champions, and I even found one once just by traveling from one region to another. That was quite the surprise haha.

I am trying to remember if I have ever found anything by gathering, but I can't remember for sure, so I can't put the Gildre stamp of approval on that...

And of course, making a new item. I haven't done that one personally. I never have the right items...
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: March 27, 2018, 11:44:10 PM »
Fighting Alpha's/Champions occurs just by hunting a lot - right? Eventually you kill enough of the little ones to piss off papa bear?
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: March 27, 2018, 11:53:07 PM »
Fighting Alpha's/Champions occurs just by hunting a lot - right? Eventually you kill enough of the little ones to piss off papa bear?

Hunting the higher groups, not just hunting a lot.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: March 28, 2018, 12:01:23 AM »
I have found there has to be significant enough amounts of rogues to allow you to get to around group #5 or #6. Seems like up around that range is where you will encounter the bosses.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: March 28, 2018, 05:35:15 AM »
I believe...
...the only ways items are created are by 'finding' them hunting undead/monster bosses, interacting with a sage, and manually by GMs/admins. Creation of new unique items is regulated by density of current existing unique items on the island.
...the only ways lost items are rediscovered, in order from highest possible chance to lowest possible chance, are by investigating, gathering, looting, advy/priest travel (other character types travelling is intended but unimplemented), and foraging battlefield. Regardless of difference in successful-find chances, the chances are all quite slim.

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 20, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »
Is there a way to decrease the amount of fatigue suffered when hunting? I find that around group level 4-5 my advy gets too fatigued to hunt, and resting takes too much time to return and hunt the group again.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 20, 2018, 06:02:44 PM »
Is there a way to decrease the amount of fatigue suffered when hunting? I find that around group level 4-5 my advy gets too fatigued to hunt, and resting takes too much time to return and hunt the group again.

I believe your best bet is to make sure you have good options for resting—resting on the floor will probably take you too long to be able to go back and hunt; resting in a private room is more likely to work out for you.

I have some plans to improve hunting in groups, but they're dependent on my finishing the message system update.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: April 20, 2018, 11:49:33 PM »
There are several methods to increasing the success of your hunt. One way to increase your success is to time your hunts correctly.
Time it so you have full hours and no fatigue at a turn change.
Early in the turn do your hunt. This allows you more time to rest during the turn, then continue the hunt just before next turn change.

If you have the gold to spend, then paying for better resting options is essential and economical for hunting imo.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 11:53:04 PM by Logar »
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd

PolarRaven

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: June 25, 2018, 09:32:57 PM »
Hunting in groups is likely the easiest way to get to the larger groups.

You may hunt so long as you are less than 15 fatigue.
Using Logars method above,  hunt until you are too fatigued (15) then rest for only 3 hours.
This will bring you below the too fatigued level allowing you to continue your hunt after building up a few more hours.

More likely point to note though:
If you are not reaching the higher groups with the hours you have available, you are likely not ready for them yet.  :)