Author Topic: Under Debate: Personal Message Groups  (Read 2076 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Under Debate: Personal Message Groups
« Topic Start: April 01, 2018, 07:53:06 PM »
Title: Form your own personal message groups

Summary:
Say you and six people in your realm want to raid some rurals in Realm XYZ. It would be super helpful if you could create a group in your contacts for quick messaging. It is a pain to have to go to your contacts and find all the people you want to message if you are repeatedly messaging them.

Details: The way I envision it, if you have someone as a contact, you can go ahead and create and new group, name it, and add them. Then, when you want to message all those people, you can just click on that message group.

Benefits:
1. Saves time
2. Increases organizational abilities

Downsides or Exploits: I really can't think of any. It is really just a player tool, not a game feature.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:48:24 AM by Vita »
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Re: Personal Message Groups
« Reply #1: April 01, 2018, 08:10:22 PM »
YES! Especially for adventurers. So many RP groups died because they didn't had a way to communicate.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 01, 2018, 10:03:58 PM »
I think this is a variant on a frequently rejected feature.

Giving more measures to exclude people from communication has always been seen as a giant downside for BM.

However, I completely agree with your assessment. I get discouraged myself when needing to select multiple contacts myself when replying to a message.

But then again, I thought the new message system which Delvin is working on, would give you an option to 'reply to list' on all cases. If not, that should definitely be a feature.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 01, 2018, 10:13:05 PM »
That would honestly work perfectly. The current "reply to list" is only for already made message groups. If it was implemented so that you could just reply to the four people who were addressed in the message to you, that would be a perfect solution to me.
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #4: April 02, 2018, 10:52:31 PM »
That would honestly work perfectly. The current "reply to list" is only for already made message groups. If it was implemented so that you could just reply to the four people who were addressed in the message to you, that would be a perfect solution to me.

I was about to suggest this very compromise. Reply to List is a logical feature for this game.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"