Author Topic: Messenger delay  (Read 4616 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Messenger delay
« Topic Start: April 05, 2018, 07:31:41 PM »
a) Well, what if no one wants to be a banker? Maybe we should automate the process then? That's a weird argument. I don't even believe that you can't find a knight in any army who is willing to make at least some sort of decisions on the front. Do you think most players are just bots or something? No, most players actually keep track of what's going on around their characters, obviously.

There's a significant difference between "we need to have at least one person in the realm willing to be the banker," and "we need at least one person in every region that has nobles in it to make decisions and give orders about what should happen there and then."

b) I actually can testify that intense back and forth in multi-realm chats is never something great. It's always about something petty and it quickly spirals into bickering. And it always culminates in OOC messages where people rationalize why their characters are acting like imbeciles, blame each other for historical inconsistencies, ask others to stop the drama, etc. I'd prefer all this stuff abridged to 2-3 messages per person over the span of several days.

Always? Hardly. Sometimes, sure, when the topic is a contentious one, but there's plenty of cheerful back-and-forth banter, and even (*gasp*) productive discussion, in good realms.

If you're in a realm that always spirals into OOC bickering, then report to the Titans and/or find a better realm.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan