Author Topic: Tor, Torenism, Torus Renatus  (Read 6931 times)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Tor, Torenism, Torus Renatus
« Topic Start: April 18, 2018, 04:36:38 PM »
So! What's the deal with those? Wiki is like a diary of a madman. I can get bits and pieces from there but not the cohesive timeline and differentiation.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Tor, Torenism, Torus Renatus
« Reply #1: April 18, 2018, 05:59:54 PM »
Oh boy, this is a tale...
Let me try to summarize. Tor was part of one of the war islands (I forget which) when it had four realms instead of three; it was based aroudn toren stronghold. Theocracy based around a war god named Tor. Island sunk, worshippers came to dwilight, founded Everguard, war with Astrum they lost, torenist marshal (old character of mine) in an astroist theocracy being a thorn in their side. their most prominent character, karibash da hadez (sp?), was part of astrum after that and still around dwilight (luria now i hear). Out of anyone in BM, he can give you the most details on Tor. It's one of his things.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 18, 2018, 10:38:24 PM »
If only he was willing. :P

I keep pestering the guy IC (cause that's how I roll, I prefer to learn thing IC, the right way, the immerssivve way).
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #3: April 18, 2018, 10:47:44 PM »
You know who knows all of this by heart? The player of Godric Torrain
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: April 18, 2018, 10:59:16 PM »
You know who knows all of this by heart? The player of Godric Torrain
Which is the same family I mentioned in my post. Except I got the family name wrong. It's actually ka Habb, not de Hadez, another diffrent old-school family that isn't with us anymore.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: April 21, 2018, 07:02:39 PM »
Torus Renatus, that is a name I haven't heard in a long time...
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: April 25, 2018, 05:50:39 PM »
Torus Renatus, that is a name I haven't heard in a long time...

That was all your fault and one of the most underrated storylines in the game. All very conveniently forgotten, I'm glad.

It was so deliberately metal, "tremble before the Dead God, our Dread Lord who shall rise again"

If only he was willing. :P

I was stranded in Cuba, long story, resend and I'll get back sooner or I'll be going through a ton of messages and get there eventually.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: April 25, 2018, 06:03:02 PM »
That was all your fault and one of the most underrated storylines in the game. All very conveniently forgotten, I'm glad.

It was so deliberately metal, "tremble before the Dead God, our Dread Lord who shall rise again"

I was stranded in Cuba, long story, resend and I'll get back sooner or I'll be going through a ton of messages and get there eventually.

Yeah, it was a shame that I had a greater opportunity come along in its early days. But when someone offers you the keys to the biggest religion on the island... Wellll....
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #8: April 25, 2018, 09:36:40 PM »
I was stranded in Cuba, long story...
10/10 would read an RP about your character dreaming about the hell of being stuck at an airport, not understanding anything that's going on around him and people looking at him like nothing is out of the ordinary, which only infuriates him further, given his appearance.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

BarticaBoat

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: April 26, 2018, 08:10:40 PM »
10/10 would read an RP about your character dreaming...

Godric? I'll write that. I'll write it about my time wandering Tokyo Narita.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: October 25, 2018, 04:42:29 PM »
Oh boy, this is a tale...
Let me try to summarize. Tor was part of one of the war islands (I forget which) when it had four realms instead of three; it was based aroudn toren stronghold. Theocracy based around a war god named Tor. Island sunk, worshippers came to dwilight, founded Everguard, war with Astrum they lost, torenist marshal (old character of mine) in an astroist theocracy being a thorn in their side. their most prominent character, karibash da hadez (sp?), was part of astrum after that and still around dwilight (luria now i hear). Out of anyone in BM, he can give you the most details on Tor. It's one of his things.

Karibash is general of Astrum now. And it was from the non-donor island, the South-East Island (South-west was the donor one). They all rallied up in Springdale with the rest of the Toren guys. Old rivalries were maintained, though, as the players of the competing SEI realm of Taselak settled up right on their doorsteps. After they went to Gelene, we went to Eidulb. But they had a good advance, and pushed us off, and so Caerwyn resettled to Golden Farrow instead.

Everguard was a bellicose realm. Eventually, they picked a fight with Astrum, and lost.

A pity, though, their realm was a gem, even if I did all I could to make them fail back then. :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: October 26, 2018, 02:52:18 AM »
The burgeoning Aaronist Pantheon of East Continent now features a god called roT the slain  ;).