Author Topic: Best Wiki Pages  (Read 8077 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Best Wiki Pages
« Topic Start: June 15, 2018, 11:58:28 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Dubhaine_Family

Perhaps not because it looks fancy or anything (although I must say I really like the drawn family tree), but because of the insane amount of data that is stored about all that the characters do.

It is being kept up to date by the player of the Dubhaine Family almost daily.

I say bravo.

Thank you!

When I first started playing there was a lot of chatter in the tech community around the 'quantified life' and I thought it would be interesting to capture lots of raw data on the various Dubhaines. I'm still slightly annoyed I gave up on keeping their battle reports sometime in 2010 or 2011 but reformatting them for wiki markup was taking up too much time and other data like unit composition usually only gets updated when significant changes happen.

More recently Ciarghuala's personal journal has become the place to go for a running history of Luria Nova as I now capture all RPs she receives. It's fascinating being able to look back through the months and see how different characters have developed as the Hegemony's sought to rebuild.

Whilst I've considered writing a grand Tragedy of House Dubhaine several times work projects take up most of my non-BM time. Hopefully that will change now that Tom's started compiling a BM book.