Author Topic: Archer nerf  (Read 1874 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Archer nerf
« Topic Start: April 27, 2018, 03:47:39 PM »
Ever since the bug, that somehow reduced archer damage by a factor 3, was removed archers went from being nearly useless to being too overpowered.

Armies have gone towards heavy archer composition to a rediculous level and in most battles infantry has been reduced to meatshields and archer fodder.

While in the past archers were too weak (85%+ melee armies) they are now way too strong (85% archer armies sometimes and effective). Normally you could argue that cavalry could counter it, but with the current noblecount it's really hard to get sufficient cavalry to actually survive the arrows before melee.

I would like to request that archers are nerfed a bit. Not to the extremes of the past...just a middleground.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Archer nerf
« Reply #1: April 27, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »
I must say that I've noticed this as well. Most tactics I've seen in the game now revolve around heavy use of archers and ranged special forces, with token melee units used to the fore to hold up the advance of the massed ranks of ranged forces.

However, it should be noted that all melee forces are almost entirely useless against the massed monsters on Dwilight, so this compels armies to use ranged forces against them. Any rebalance of ranged units should take in to account the peculiarities of Dwilight, or we'll have a lot of deeply frustrated players if the monsters suddenly become almost unbeatable.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: April 27, 2018, 04:39:00 PM »
I will take some thought for this.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: April 27, 2018, 04:57:37 PM »
I support improving the balance between melee and ranged forces throughout the game. Upon the PvE play, if battles get more difficult (as they were traditionally), we can reduce the number and frequency of monster and undead. Part of the reason they are so high is because battle with ranged forces did become so easy.