Author Topic: responding to a private warning  (Read 6972 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
responding to a private warning
« Topic Start: August 18, 2011, 09:59:33 AM »
I am not sure where to complain about this any more(since new titan system) but i got a private warning for acusing someone of cheating, which i never did.
I acusse several players of playing the game with pure ooc motives, no character/rp motives as an ooc clique and also using other ways to communicate instead of the in game message system and warning for it's dangers.
I previously also suspected them of multi cheating but that has already been investigated.

Whom ever made this decision to give me a private warning, i don't understand why i got it.
I am simply warning for a massive ooc group infiltrating BM on a quite large scale, which you'll understand if you look into it your self.
The reason i am not putting this in an official complaint is because, as others said before, it's impossible to get water tight proof, but everyone knows it's true.
The realms i know of that are or have been effected:
Libero Empire, Thulsoma, Averoth, Aurvendil, Thalmarkin
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: responding to a private warning
« Reply #1: August 18, 2011, 12:41:05 PM »
I am not sure where to complain about this any more(since new titan system) but i got a private warning for acusing someone of cheating, which i never did.
I acusse several players of playing the game with pure ooc motives, no character/rp motives as an ooc clique and also using other ways to communicate instead of the in game message system and warning for it's dangers.
I previously also suspected them of multi cheating but that has already been investigated.

Whom ever made this decision to give me a private warning, i don't understand why i got it.
I am simply warning for a massive ooc group infiltrating BM on a quite large scale, which you'll understand if you look into it your self.
The reason i am not putting this in an official complaint is because, as others said before, it's impossible to get water tight proof, but everyone knows it's true.
The realms i know of that are or have been effected:
Libero Empire, Thulsoma, Averoth, Aurvendil, Thalmarkin

Thalmarkin has a boatload of evidence to contribute to this case as well.  I'm also certain that ample evidence can be gathered from previous investigations of Averoth and Thulsoma, since what we're talking about is systematic out-of-game communication in violation of the Social Contract.

Nathan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 18, 2011, 12:46:52 PM »
I'll stand up for Nosferatus. I'm in the realm where he was talking about people being in an OOC clan and he didn't accuse them of cheating. The impression I got is that he was extremely frustrated with quite a few players seemingly doing everything OOC and coordinating together just to have fun themselves and not make it fun for other people. When they were in Madina they locked everyone out of Lordships and other positions of power before deciding to move on to form Aurvandil (from looking at the realm summary, it seems to be the same though).

As for responding to it, don't. Just let them think that's what you're doing. I know you're not accusing anyone of cheating and I'm sure a lot of other people are the same. If one person doesn't like you, so what? There's a whole realm of us who know what those other players are like and know they're fun killers.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 18, 2011, 12:58:02 PM »
Thalmarkin has a boatload of evidence to contribute to this case as well.  I'm also certain that ample evidence can be gathered from previous investigations of Averoth and Thulsoma, since what we're talking about is systematic out-of-game communication in violation of the Social Contract.

yes i can get pages full of evidence on averoth, thulsoma and Aurvendil, but it's still not water tight proof.
It's obvious but there is no way to simply check if its true.

I believe some players got a warning in averoth from Tom, but the same group is still continuing in close cooperation.
And the players who got a warning then went to Thalmarkin and tried to takeover that realm.

To profile the group in short:

Create characters to always work closely together, they all go for the same goal and barley communicate.
They are fairly new acounts ( with the first ones from 2008/2009).
they know the game very well, or atleast the game mechanics and the military aspect.
Some acounts do roleplay but all i've seen was the same Saxon stuff(in dwilight), the names of there characters and or families are all saxon names or related to german mythology.
They are very active, usually around the same time, but occasionally ignore other players, most don't seem to bother about any interaction at all, just using resources as efficiently as possible for one of there own fully controled realms(once they 'take' a realm they only apoint people of there group to goverment positions and importnat lrod positions), there other characters seem to be gold diggers to fill up family gold.
There goal seems to be to have there own super over powered realm and just kick everyones ass without any care for Diplomacy. (unfortunalty for them they only manage to hold out long and then die because of the massive amount of enemies they make).
They're strategy is effective, they can muster armies 3/4 times above the normal capacity.
Fighting them is fun because they keep surprising you, but it gets very boring without decent interaction.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 18, 2011, 01:04:12 PM »
As for responding to it, don't. Just let them think that's what you're doing. I know you're not accusing anyone of cheating and I'm sure a lot of other people are the same. If one person doesn't like you, so what? There's a whole realm of us who know what those other players are like and know they're fun killers.

I don't think i got a warning because somebody didn't like me, i have the full trust in the titans.
It just moved me to start this discussion, which i believe we should have.

Its fun because you can fight enemies, but its more fun if wars are 'real' with well role-playe actions, passion and drama and a background story.
There seems no indication of a tight bond between those characters, yet there actions speak of extremely close cooperation, even my own characters can't cooperate as good as theres(because my characters are actually characters and not just tools to acquire ooc goals)(actually only pierre could get along with the rest.. :P).

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 18, 2011, 01:48:52 PM »
I'll let you in a secret. I am actually the player of most of the Aurvandil accounts as well.

Trololololololololololololololololol.

But seriously, the only time I think I've personally witnessed OOC clanning was in Old Grehk: it was pretty filthy, but thusfar I haven't really seen anything concrete.... though I've had suspicions every now and then..

Since we are in the "courtroom" forum, can I ask what type of evidence you're talking about?
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 18, 2011, 02:11:37 PM »
I can say that the behavior Nosferatus describes was quite present in Thalmarkin, namely among the Lastfell clique. I don't mean this as an accusation of any kind, but the resemblance is quite striking, to be honest.

A Lord giving his knights 12 or more positive standing points (each) is just quite suspicious.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 18, 2011, 02:14:04 PM »
The forums are never the proper medium to appeal a Titan decision. If you have a problem with one, contact Tom directly by email. This thread should be locked and/or deleted as soon as possible.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 18, 2011, 02:21:37 PM »
The forums are never the proper medium to appeal a Titan decision. If you have a problem with one, contact Tom directly by email. This thread should be locked and/or deleted as soon as possible.

or just moved, its not a complaint, it's a discussion with the community about a possible treat and i believe we should discuss and communicate how to react on it.

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 18, 2011, 02:26:32 PM »
or just moved, its not a complaint, it's a discussion with the community about a possible treat and i believe we should discuss and communicate how to react on it.

No, you received a private warning from the Titans and raised issue with it in public. Hell, your original post even begins, "Hell, I'm not sure where to complain about this..."
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 18, 2011, 02:55:31 PM »
No, you received a private warning from the Titans and raised issue with it in public. Hell, your original post even begins, "Hell, I'm not sure where to complain about this..."

Oh. Sorry Ban. Only now I read the title :P

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 18, 2011, 03:41:15 PM »
Indeed, this thread should not be here.

If you have a case, bring it up with the magistrates.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 18, 2011, 04:27:50 PM »
This is a serious treat to the playing environment of BM and if my concerns are not welcome i'll just shut it.
Look this is a game, we don't need to formulate everything perfectly or come with extensive proof, look into it your self it's obvious.
How to stop it, i am not sure, but locking all there accounts would surley help.

That is why i bring this up, not because i feel 'hurt'  or what ever by a stupid private warning.
Come on man...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 18, 2011, 04:45:16 PM »
Complaints about Titan decisions should be sent straight to Tom.

If you wish to discuss problems you feel you are having with Clans, then report them to the Titans or the Magistrates.

If you wish to start a generic discussion on whether or not clans are good/bad/whatever, then start a new thread that does not discuss it in relation to a Titans decision.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #14: August 19, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
This is a serious treat to the playing environment of BM and if my concerns are not welcome i'll just shut it.
Look this is a game, we don't need to formulate everything perfectly or come with extensive proof, look into it your self it's obvious.
How to stop it, i am not sure, but locking all there accounts would surley help.

That is why i bring this up, not because i feel 'hurt'  or what ever by a stupid private warning.
Come on man...

These are actually two issues.

If you are unhappy with the private warning, bring it up with me in private mail, nowhere else.

The topic this is about, however, things like OOC claning, accusations of cheating and how to deal with groups or gangs of players is definitely something worth discussing.