Author Topic: Improving Adventurers and Trade  (Read 7437 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Improving Adventurers and Trade
« Reply #15: September 06, 2018, 09:06:05 PM »
:)

Now, I hope you're grinning because you know I'm right, and not because you've found some exploit that makes adventurers highly effective in war that you're deliberately hiding from the game's admins...because we all know that knowingly exploiting the game is a big no-no.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 06, 2018, 09:43:55 PM »
Now, I hope you're grinning because you know I'm right, and not because you've found some exploit that makes adventurers highly effective in war that you're deliberately hiding from the game's admins...because we all know that knowingly exploiting the game is a big no-no.

I can think of one way of abusing the system. Make an advy carry gold and trade items with nobles in need of gold but that just feels too much work for a small gain to be honest.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 06, 2018, 09:44:43 PM »
I can think of one way of abusing the system. Make an advy carry gold and trade items with nobles in need of gold but that just feels too much work for a small gain to be honest.

This is a known exploit—well enough known that we've put at least a little code in place to make it more difficult.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 07, 2018, 12:31:51 AM »

The annoying weird stuff I occasionally pull off is always done within the rules and without exploits. There wouldn't be any point otherwise. So if I do found any adventurer exploits (I haven't yet) they'll go straight on the bugtracker.

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 07, 2018, 01:57:33 AM »
The annoying weird stuff I occasionally pull off is always done within the rules and without exploits. There wouldn't be any point otherwise. So if I do found any adventurer exploits (I haven't yet) they'll go straight on the bugtracker.

LIES! LIES! LIES!

Jokes aside, I am highly doubtful feyeleanor would do anything to exploit stuff.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: September 07, 2018, 10:42:41 AM »
LIES! LIES! LIES!

Jokes aside, I am highly doubtful feyeleanor would do anything to exploit stuff.

I am indeed a most dull and boring player :)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 07, 2018, 03:10:57 PM »
Adventurers are not going to be given options that make them effective weapons of war.

Bara'Khur rolling in its grave
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron