Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15202 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
The House of Gardarr
« Topic Start: May 08, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
“Milord, the men have been informed, we march for Aestus in the morning”

Rand did not immediately reply, instead he was staring out of the window from the second story of the Inn he appropriated for his officers and himself.
He was in Domus the Capitol of Highmarch, the tip of the spear in the fight against the north. And here in the streets among the bustle of the people rushing around and carts hauling goods, a scene had captured his eye.

A man was standing on the back end of a wagon, yelling out to the crowds, beckoning them to listen and to his side on the ground was a large piece of wood with hundreds of nails sticking out of it. Rand unconsciously rubbed the embroided stitching of a Red flame on the breast of his tunic.

Rand turned his head and addressed the man in the room with him “Ruan, have a look at this and tell me what you see”

Ruan started towards the window, on his way placing the dispatches on the desk.

He was of average build, lean and dark hair and been a friend to Rand since childhood, they had grown up together and as such things happen their interest and careers followed each other to an extent, so it was no surprise that he wore a blue embroidered mark on his chest, in the shape of a drop of water.

Ruan stared at the scene down below, and frowned. It seemed things had escalated and the man down below was now in a frenzy and the crowd that gathered numbered in the fifty’s. The man was waving his hand and shouting and in a flash he was down from the cart and walking over the bed of nails, still shouting and waving on about something.

Ruan snarled, “I need not tell you Milord, we both have seen this before. That man is a fool, a Shadow Cultist; his trickery will fool some but the faithful not so easily."

Rand moved from the window and took a seat behind his desk. “It seems they have become bold in the wake of the Exodus of the unfaithful, to preach in Domus and so in the open. You say we will be ready to march at sunup, good I leave that in your care”

Ruan understood the tone and started to withdraw from the room, just before reaching the door Rand Spoke. “Oh and Ruan, make sure our new friend joins us on our trip.”

Smiling Ruan nods and says “I would have it no other way Milord, I was planning to extend and “invitation” either way”

Rand reached for the dispatches and nodded. “Very well, walk in the light Inquisitor.”

With that Ruan left and Rand took out his flask and poured a gold liquid with red whirling splotches mixed together into a glass and started reading the countless letters, reports, missives, and complaints.

He could feel a headache coming on.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova