Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15029 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Topic Start: May 09, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
Rand was sweating, it was a hot summer’s day, and the cool breeze wafting through the open window into his study was no comfort.

He usually woke up early but he found himself sluggish after the celebrations the previous night and took a few hours extra, and it was no surprise when he woke to find a stack of letters, reports and even new orders in his study.

He found it tiresome to read about all the backstabbing, infighting and common insults being touted in the Alliance. He wondered if there was more to this than met the eye, it was strange that all this infighting was happening and in its wake left the door open for the Shadow to plant its roots in the South, it was a problem, a serious one at that.

Pushing those aside he re-read his orders from the Democratic Defenders, he had received orders to move to the front.

A knock at the door “Come”

The door opened and with a quick step the Inquisitor entered, broad smile on his face, “Ah Lord Commander, it’s a fine day is it not?”

Rand wondered how Ruan did it, the man was always full of mirth, and that on a smouldering hot day to boot. “Ruan, I should have known trying to keep an eye out for you and your men would be a waste of time”

Ruan smiled as he took a seat and poured himself a drink from the decanter on the desk. Rand was amused, he always felt better when his friend was around.

“Don’t drown yourself Ruan” Ruan looked up from pouring his drink and smiled “You know me, never more than I can handle and it was a long night.”

“Ah yes” exclaimed Rand. ”A assume your had a productive time, you should really be more carefully” Rand pointed on the red spots on Ruan’s cloak.

Smirking Ruan looked at his cloak and noticing the fine spots he sneers “Damn and I just got this new cloak”

Grumbling he took out a map and unrolled it on the table, all his previous mirth seemed to have left him as he pointed at a location. “Here, our friend has informed us that this small village just over the border in Sordidus currently has a visitor that we would find interesting.”

Leaning closer, Rand took in the map. “Coincidence or Providence?”

“My Lord?” Ruan asked questioningly.

“Oh, we received orders, and it seems by making a small detour we could spend a day visiting this fine village, and still make the rendezvous point." Ruan suddenly perked up again “That is good news” he picked up his glass of whiskey and took a tentative sip.

“So it seems, make arrangements. We move out at dawn“

…

“Something else Ruan?” Rand asked as Ruan, who was staring into his glass, seemed tentative.

“A Small thing my Lord, by any chance have we received any messages from the Church, they must know by now that you have claimed Aestus in the name of Trinitism.”

Rand looked at his friend, “Would it really matter? They grow fat and weak in Vix Tiramora. I doubt they care what we do, so we will do the gods work as best we see fit.”

Rand looked at the pile of messages

“So in short good Ruan, no I have not received any communications from the Church in some time”

Ruan nods solemnly and puts his glass down, stands and starts to leave the room.

“Walk in the Light Inquisitor” Rand called

Ruan turned and with a faint smile he nodded as he left the study.

Leaning back in his chair Rand studied the Map the Inquisitor gave him some more.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova