Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15236 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Topic Start: May 10, 2018, 07:47:24 AM »
Rand took some bread and cheese placed it on his plate, and motioned to Black Beard to take a seat. The animal skinned clad man slowly took the seat opposite him, but didn’t make any further moves.

“So tell me, what is a Shadowism Shaman doing in Sordidus?" Rand studied the Shaman as he waited for a response, but the Shaman just crossed his arms and glared at Rand.

Smiling Rand asked “Such a small village, out of the way. I assume they don’t get a lot of visitors, traders, magistrates and such? This would make a perfect place for your kind to peddle its lies and corrupt the people to the Shadow, would it not?"

The Shaman hissed at Rand, “You know nothing of us and ours; we go where we please and follow where the spirits lead. This village is but one stage and these villagers but mere players in the play of life; we take a roll and direct them to a better way”

Rand took out his flask and poured some into a mug.

“These people will throw of the Yolk of oppression from your false Gods and take their rightful place on the stage” Rand took a sip from the mug as the Shaman continued.

“Oh how rude of me would you like some” Rand held out the flask to the Shaman. The Shaman took the flask and threw it on the ground. “That’s what I think of your hospitality”

Rand sighed and leaned back in his chair. In an instant Ruan moved and kicked the chair out from under the Shaman, he went sprawling and Ruan moved to place his knee in his back keeping him down, grabbing his black matted hair Ruan forced his face into the ground where the flask landed.

“The Lord Commander offered you a drink; it would be wise to accept his generosity, yes?”

Rand noticed that some of the peasants were being held back by his soldiers, seems like while he was talking with the Shaman they had dispersed and mingled in the crowd.

Ruan was still holding the Shaman down but he was just gritting his teeth, some splotches of mud caught in his black beard.

Rand slowly stood, used the chair as a stool and stepped up upon the table. He addressed the crowd.

“This, this filth grovelling at my feet is what you believe in, this halve animal, covered in the skins of beasts. This pedlar of lies and deceit, he has led you astray from the path of the true Gods and in so you have been corrupted by the Shadow.”

Slowly Rand withdrew his sword from his sheath, “But do not despair for I am your Salvation, I will cleanse the shadow from your hearts” Rand took a step forward and with one fluid motion swung his sword low and struck the Elder of the Village deep between the neck and collarbone, as the blood spurted from the gaping wound Rand used his boot to push the Elder from his sword.

“AND WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY YOUR SINS WILL BE CONSUMED IN THE FIRES OF THE GOD ÁNRADH, AND WHEN YOU ARE BUT DUST THE WATERS OF THE GOD TREORAÍ WILL SCATTER WHAT REMAINS AND IN TIME NEW LIFE WILL FLOURISH THROUGH THE GODDESS CAISSA”

With that Rand stuck the bloody sword into the wooden table in front of him “So is the will of the Gods and so do I carry out their Justice on this mortal coil.”

It all happened so fast that most of the Villagers were still in a mild shock, and only when the screams started and they saw other villagers being cut down by the soldiers did they try to run. Those few that tried to fight were the first to fall as they had been singled out earlier by the soldiers.

And as night fell and the screams of the day dissipate, the Gardarr Phalanx marched over the ridge and Rand turned his horse and looked at what he had wrought. It was an orange glow that welcomed his sight, the bellowing smoke could not be seen in the night sky, but with the illumination of the raging fires you could spot a lone wooden pillar rising from the center of the Green surrounded by misshaped lumps, and hanging there a large man with a Black beard, slowly swaying to and fro.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova