Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15221 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Topic Start: May 11, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
It was past midnight when the Gardarr Phalanx arrived at the mustering grounds in Sordidus, the newly constructed palisade standing on the only lone hill in the area rising before them.

Rand could see torches from the patrols and knew they had been spotted. And sure enough, a lone rider exited the fortifications to intercept them.

Rand sighed at the approach of the rider, it had been a long march and he was tired, not only tired but he stank of blood and smoke, he sorely wanted to have a wash. He drew his horse to a standstill and waited as the messenger drew closer.

As the rider approached, he slowed his advance and asked “Lord Gardarr, of Aestus?”

Rand nodded in the affirmative “You have a messages for me, hand it over then. I am in no mood for pleasantries”   

The messenger handed the sealed Dispatches to the Lord of Aestus, as he started to read them it afforded the messenger the opportunity to take in the Gardarr Phalanx.

His eyes went from the Soldiers to the Lord over a smiling face back to the soldiers … a smiling face …  he looked back to meet the eyes of what he assumed to be an officer, the officer was looking right at him with a strange smile, and it gave him the chills.

He tore his eyes from the officer and took a closer look at the men, and noticed the dark splotches on their uniforms, in the bad light he could not make it out but he smelled the blood and smoke hanging around them.

“Milord?” ,the messenger murmured. Looking up from the dispatches the lord of Aestus caught his eye. “Eh, begging your pardon my Lord, but are the roads from Aestus not save? It seems you had seen some battle”

Rand looked at his men, then back at the messenger. He had a letter is his hands marked with the Seal of House Von Lunkhofen, the messenger noticed the Lord run his fingers over the seal, a wolf on a crossed shield. Rand placed the unopened letter back with the dispatches.

“ I have no reply to send, we march as ordered, and as to the safety of the realm I can assure you it is much saver now that a day ago, you are dismissed”

As the messenger swinged his horse around and departed Ruan asked “We march?”

Rand pointed at the mustering grounds, it was fairly empty, only supply wagons and a few guards remain with the camp followers in-between and they were also slowly starting to move north.

Rand handed the dispatches to Ruan, and bellowed. “WE MARCH FOR VISEU”

Rand nudged his horse and the Gardarr Phalanx kept marching.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova