Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15195 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #15: July 26, 2018, 10:55:37 AM »
Askileon, Luria Nova, Dwilight

Weeks have gone by and Veronica had become used to the pitching and weaving of the Caravel she found herself a prisoner on … well maybe not a prisoner or that is to say against her will would be a better description.

She was still pouting at the injustice as she saw it, one day she was attending balls and banquets and the next her brother had whisked her away from Domus and she found herself boarding a ship from Fontan and on her way to Dwilight.

“It’s for your own safety he said, it’ too dangerous he said” Veronica mumbled to herself.

“What’s that my dear, still pouting?”

Veronica turned and glared at the speaker, her Guardian while she was exiled from her home.

“Your forget yourself Tess, I am in charge here, you best remember that” as she said that she felt a little bit guilty, Tess didn’t ask for this , she in fact was literally and figurative in the same boat as she was. Veronica broke eye contact and sat down on her cot in her little cabin, picking up her hair brush she started brushing her hair.

“Now, now child, let me” Tess took the Brush from her and slowly started brushing. “ It won’t all be bad, it might seem that your world has come to an end but you will adapt , see it as a new adventure in a far away land”

“I guess, but I really miss home” replied Veronica.” I know my dear, I know, there all better” Tess handed her a small mirror “There look for yourself, very pretty just like your mother”

Veronica glared at her Seventeen year old face.

“LAND HO!!!!”

Veronica was off her bed and heading for the Cabin door when Tess grabbed her, “Oh no you don’t, here, take your cloak” Tess handed her a hooded cloak. “Why though?” Veronica exclaimed.” You know why, come now put it on”. Veronica grabbed at the cloak “Fine, not like anyone would know who I was”

Veronica twirled with the cloak. “There happy?”

“Hood Up, milady”

Sighing Veronica put the hood up “I hate you so” smiling Tess led the way to the Deck of the Watcher of the Waves.

Its Magnificent, Veronica couldn’t take it all in, tall Buildings grew even taller as the Watcher of the Waves grew closer to the docks, there were hundreds, no thousands it seemed to her people bustling to and fro. Smells of Fish, food, smoke and sweat wafted towards her as the ship made dock.

The noise was deafening “Wait here and don’t move” Veronica barely acknowledged her guardian as she made her way to the gangplank, sending a runner into the crowd. It was so much, and Veronica wanted to see and do it all.

Veronica didn’t know how long she was standing there, but coming out of her daze she noticed the Captain talking to Tess and most of the sailor’s busy unloading cargo and goods. Her entourage, which consisted of mostly Guards assigned to her by her brother was gathered at the docks and loading her baggage on a carriage.

“Well that’s done, you ready?“ Veronica’s head snapped to Tess. “Ready?”

“Oh Veronica, where is your head, to disembark Girl. Duke Gottfried has sent a carriage to take you to the estate your brother had made arrangements for”

Mentioning her brother of late was a sure way to get Veronica’s hackles up, but at the moment that didn’t seem to faze her. She slowly made her way of the ship still taking in all of the scenery; her guards in a nonchalant manner mirrored her movements until she found herself stepping into the carriage. Tess joined her and with a rap of the roof of the carriage it set out with her guards slowly jogging alongside it. 

Veronica peered out of the carriage in awe as they made their way through the snaky roads; it was slow going as the streets were packed with people.  “You mentioned and Estate Tess?”

“I did. Your brother made arrangements and Duke Gottfried was generous enough to make available the Pinean Chateau for your needs. We are almost there now; we will retire for the evening and wait upon the Dukes call for you to attend him at court”

Veronica sat back in the carriage seat and sighed. Court, in a foreign land amongst foreign Lords and Ladies. She didn’t look forward to it one bit.

Not one bit.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova