Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15180 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #15: July 27, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »
Askileon, Luria Nova, Dwilight

Veronica and Tess was sitting in the garden of the Chateau Pinean, the view was breathtaking, a calm wind was blowing from the ocean, there was a slight chill in the air , but for the most part it would be a wonderful day.

… That is if Veronica could actually stay awake.

“This city is so noisy Tess, how do the people stand it” Veronica’s muffled voice could be slightly heard from where she laid her head on her arms.

Tess raised an eyebrow “Very unlady like my dear, come now sit up, here’s breakfast.”

Veronica slowly sat up and brushed her hair out of her face. The servers placed some hot porridge, fruits, almond milk and some honey on the table. Veronica poked at her porridge with her spoon.

Veronica noticed the butler place a tray with papers in front of Tess. “What are those?”

“Hmmm, news of day, correspondence, declarations, letters and such” Tess murmured

“Oh … letters? anything for me?”

“As a matter of fact, yes, two of them”, Tess handed the letters to the Butler and he carried them over to Veronica and placed them at her side. Veronica moved her porridge to the far side of the table and picked them up.

The Butler, cleared his throat “If I may Milady, this one, as he pointed to one of the letters bares the crest of House Wilkins, I believe it to be from Lord Leif Wilkins, Imperial Magistrate of Luria Nova.”

Veronica turned the letter in her hands muttering “Imperial Magistrate”

She broke the seal and removing the letter read it. “Oh Tess, the Magistrate has invited me to his Estate for …” quickly looking up at Tess, she continues “tea, he says he is currently marching to fight hordes of un-dead and monsters. That can’t be right Tess, there are no such things. Bandits sure, dressed in rags covered in filth yes, I once saw my brother hang some in Aestus, and I can imagine why the people would think them monsters but they are fairy tales and long stories definitely not real.”

“Yes dear” Tess murmured while still reading through the stacks of decrees.

Veronica folded the letter and placed it aside, picking up the second.

“Ahh Milady, now this is special” the Butler seemed very pleased. “That is the Crest of King himself, King Aylwin Gottfried, King of the Moon Hall” the butler was now positively beaming with pride.

At mention of the King even Tess seemed more attentive. “Well child open it up”

Veronica slowly broke the seal and started reading. With a squeal she jumped from her chair. Tess almost fell back and Veronica’s Guards went rigid where they were standing in the garden.

“A BANQUET!”

“The King is going to hold a banquet, I will need a new dress, Tess we need to go to shops, what colour am I going to wear. There is no date, but we have to get the fabrics if I am to have it made.”

Tess sat back down and the guards around the garden relaxed. Sighing Tess just looked at her ward.

I have to send a reply, and to the Magistrate as well. Lifting her skirts, Veronica dashed back into the Chateau. Two guards shadowing her as she disappeared into the Chateau.

Tess was drumming her fingers on the table when the Captain of the guard approached.

“Milady, this was also with the dispatches, I took it upon myself to remove it from the others.”  He handed Tess a missive.

It Read.

New Army Assignment

Your liege, King Aylwin Gottfried, has assigned you to the Emperor's Will.

“Milady, Emperor’s Will, is the army of the Moon Court” the Captain noted

Tess placed the missive with the other dispatches, “Very Well captain, please make arrangements for us to go into The City later today.”

“As you command Milady”

“And Captain no need to inform the young miss about her army duty just yet.” The Captain nodded to Tess as he left the garden.

Tess packed up the reports and headed into the Chateau. I was going to be an eventful day it seemed.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova