Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15258 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #15: July 27, 2018, 07:33:55 PM »
Askileon, Luria Nova, Dwilight
Late Afternoon/Early Evening

As the Carriage came to a halt at Chateau Pinean, the footman barely had time to stop before the carriage door opened and Veronica jumped out. Behind her Tess was surrounded with packages, bolts of silk , trinkets and whatever caught the eye of the young Lady Gardarr.

"Come on Tess, I cant wait to choose the colors of the dress"

Tess glared at Veronica, "Dress?!? you bought enough Silks for ten dresses"

Veronica shrugged. The footman by now had enlisted the help of the Chateau servants and they had made enough space for Tess to make her exit from the carriage. "The bankers of Askileon are going to love the Lady Gardarr" Tess murmured.

Veronica tilted her head and with a faint smile said "Serves my brother right, what's he going to do?" Veronica's eyes followed the servants as they unpacked the carriage.

"Ooh the green silk" she said as a servant took it inside "So we ready to get started?"

With a sigh, Tess said "Patience child, there is more than enough time"

Before Veronica could go on another tirade, the Chateau's butlers must have seen Tess's Patience wearing thin, because he stepped in.

"Ah beg your pardon Milady, another letter arrived for you why you where out."

Veronica's eyes lit up, "Oh who is it from?"  So engrossed was she with the new letter she didn't even notice the careful prodding of Tess into the Chateau. She soon found herself in the parlor still tracing the faint lines of the heraldry on the seal.

"Alas Milady, i do not recognize this Heraldry, but i do believe it is from a young Knight recently arrived in the City." the butler commented.

"A knight in shining armor, how exiting" She broke the seal and started reading the letter"

With a frown she tilted her head and said "It is from a Knight, Alessio de Medici, but i hardly understand anything of it, it seems to be a list of Guilds in the City. The Great Halls of Luria, The Dwilight University, The Royal Rangers and the Grand Pantry, The Ordo Leonis and the Ordo Vulpes."

"I don't know what any of this means, he goes on to say we must march to war to face monsters." Looking up at Tess she said, "With all these guilds in Askileon, one would have thought there would be one to cater to Knights so wounded in battle they would have time to rest and come to their senses, before being sent to war again. Yes, i have decided as a lady of the court i will write to this poor Knight and insist he accompany me to a reputable healer, so i can make arrangements for his care."

Tess made quick eye contact with Veronica's Captain of the Guard, before saying "Yes dear, you can do that later, lets take a look at those silks shall we"

"O Yes", Veronica said in glee.

With the ladies busy with their silks, Robert the Butler noticed a maid motion him from outside of the parlor, stepping out of the parlor and closing the doors behind him he asked "Yes?"

"There is a messenger here to see the Lady, Robert?"

"Have you lost your wits girl, take the message and send him on his way" They young maid shook her head in the negative. "Not this one Robert, please you must come, your most senior, please Robert, i asked him to wait in the reception room" They way she was distressed bothered him. "Very well, i will see to him, now now, calm yourself"

"Thank you Robert" With that she made her way to the kitchens very hastily.

Robert looked at her one more time and headed to the reception room. As Robert entered the reception room he immediately noticed this was no ordinary messenger, his trained eye immediately caught the white chevalier emblazoned on the breast of the messenger.

Robert tilted his head in respect "Welcome to Chateau Pinean, current residence of the Lady Veronica Gardarr."

The messenger removed a letter from his tunic,"I have here a letter from Nicholas Archival, Suzerain Emperor of Luria Nova, Royal of Luria Nova, Marshal of the Amelioration Brigade for the Lady Gardarr." Even knowing the messenger from his embroidery, hearing the words flustered him somewhat. "Is the Lady of the Chateau available to receive the letter?" the messenger asked.

Now Robert has been doing his job for a long time and he has served many Nobles, and from the few days he had spent in the company of the Lady Gardarr, he knew if he let this messenger deliver the letter to her directly, the scene she would make would spread like wildfire in the Askileon.

"Alas the Lady Gardarr is currently indisposed, be assured, i will make sure she gets the letter as soon as she is available".

"As you wish" the messenger handed Robert the letter and with a bow made his exit from the Chateau.

Robert tentatively held the letter and made his way to the Parlor.

Silently opening the door he stepped in and looked at the young Lady Gardarr surrounded by all the silks she had bought, the Lady Tess seemed to be at wits end.

"Oh Robert, what do you think about this Blue silk?" she asked him."Very lovely Milady, the Blues would suit you."

She frowned as she placed it aside and picked up the Lilac colored Silk. Robert knew now was as good as any time. "Milady, another letter arrived."

"Hmm, oh is it from another poor Knight, i almost forgot i need to write that other Knight and make arrangements for his care , poor thing"

"No Milady this is one is from the Emperor of Luria Nova, himself"

It had been a long time since Robert had seen someone move so fast, once second he was holding the letter the next the Lady Gardarr had snatched it and was reading it out loud.

Lady Veronica,

Allow me to offer my personal welcome to Luria Nova. You arrive to us as we depart from a period of turbulence, and now I hope you shall join us in looking forward to the future and to a prosperity that shall benefit us all.

I would be interested in seeing you at the Imperial Court in the coming days. Though I have not the same time for leisure as I once did, I am ever interested to meet with those who arrive at our shores.

I look forward to meeting you.

Signed,
Nicholas Archival
Suzerain Emperor of Luria Nova
Royal of Luria Nova
Marshal of the Amelioration Brigade

Robert expected something ,anything ,but what he got was totally unexpected.

"MY LIFE IS OVER, I ALREADY ASKED THE KING WHAT COLORS HE WAS GOING TO WEAR TO THE BANQUET, HOW CAN I MATCH THE KING AND THE EMPEROR BOTH."

With that she dropped the letter and dashed out of the parlor up the stairs , slamming the door of her room. Her crying heard all the way to the parlor.

Tess was messaging her temples "Oh that Girl, what am i to do with her?"

Robert had no comment so he just made arrangements to cleanup up the parlor.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:19:45 PM by Jored »
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova