Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15225 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #15: July 28, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »
Askileon, Luria Nova, Dwilight
Early Morning

Tess was standing in the garden, occasionally glancing up at the second story where Veronica's room was, the curtains were drawn. Veronica had not left the room since the previous evening. The box only made matters worse.

"Captain, did you dispose of the corpses?"

The Captain of Veronica's guard, Mikael motioned for Tess to follow him to the edge of the garden overlooking a drop leading to the ocean. "Yes, Milady. Seems some of the monsters made it over or around the wall. My men cut them down as they tried to scale the incline towards the Chateau."

Nodding Tess continued "And the Box?"

Captain Mikael frowned, "Also disposed of Milady, its is a good thing all packages delivered are screened in advance. I was able to convince the Lady Gardarr that the head sent to her by Knight Alessio de Medici was that of a malnutrition peasant with some birth defects. As you can imagine she was not pleased and sent him a scolding letter in return."

"Milady if i may?" Tess looked at the captain and nodded in the affirmative. "The Lady Veronica, is quite proficient with the bow, and she knows how to wield a dagger, sooner or later she will come to the realization that this place, Dwillight is not like East Island. It would be better if we prepared her for this now than wait for things to escalate further."

Tess stiffened up a bit, "I will take your advice under ... advisement. But for now, i believe i need to get that girl out of her room and busy again. Carry on Captain, i will send for you later, oh and Captain please make sure all future correspondence sent from Knight de Medici comes to me first"

"As you command Milady"

Glancing up at the shuttered windows, Tess made her way inside the Chateau. Robert was standing at the ready with a silver tray bearing yet again another stack of reports, and a sealed letter to the side.

"Morning Milady"

"Morning Robert, let me guess more intrigue from the realm, and is that a letter i see there."

With a smile Robert answered "Indeed Milady, and as for the letter it is of course addressed to the Lady Gardarr, if i may, it bears the seal of Lady Tyra Andrasta Bluelake, Countess of Grodno and Marshal of the Silver Hammer."

Tess was feeling a headache coming on "Well at least its not from some overbearing Knight again. I will take it upstairs, you can place the other reports in the parlor for now if you please Robert"

Robert, making a slight bow of his head left towards the parlor. Tess turned the letter over and was tempted to dispose of it but for a brief instance before making her way up the stairs.

Tess came to a stop in front of Veronica's door and trying to open it found it as expected bolted "Veronica dear, please come down breakfast is ready"

.. Silence ..

"Come now girl you cant stay locked up in there forever, it a new day. We have to get started on your dress ... the seamstress will arrive shortly. It wont do to have her waiting."

.. Silence..

With a sigh Tess looked at the letter in her hand, "I have a letter for you, its from the Lady Tyra Andrasta Bluelake, Countess of Grodno ..."

Bending down Tess slipped the letter under the door and made her way down the stairs to the parlor. She had barely sat down and picked up the reports when she heard pounding footsteps coming down the stairs. A few seconds later the parlor doors swung open and the disheveled figure of the Lady Gardarr was there in her full glory.

Her hair was knotted and unkempt, streaks of makeup on her face, the tears from the previous evening Tess suspected, and she was still in her wrinkled clothes from the previous day.

"What is wrong with this place Tess?!? First Magistrate Leif says hes is fighting a horde to the North, i assumed it to be barbarians or bandits"

A maid carried a washing basin into the parlor and another some clean clothes, another one some food on a platter. Behind them Robert closed the door to the parlor.

"Then i receive letters and a box containing the dismembered head of some poor malnutrition peasant from that oaf of a Knight Alessio. Oh he makes me so mad, claiming it was the head of a Goblin. Just wait till i get my hands on him ... or better yet maybe i should write his wife. She would understand that Knights don't send heads of peasants to Lady's of the court"

While this was going on the maids had started to undress the Lady Gardarr, who seemed oblivious to the fact. Another maid had started brushing her hair and gently wash her face with a cloth from the washing basin.

"And now" Veronica was still speaking even going as far as to try and wave the wash cloth from her face. "I receive a letter from a Countess.  And she also claims that it is every Nobles duty to face monsters attacking the City. Has everyone gone mad? Oh Tess lets head back to East Island, we could go to Fontan...".

Tess had poured herself a cup of tea and was sitting back just watching Veronica. One of the maids had picked up fresh bun with lots of butter and had handed it to Veronica. Who took it without much thought and was slowly nibbling on it.

There was a knock at the parlor door, one of the maids poked her head out and opened it for the seamstress. Veronica was still nibbling on her bun as the seamstress started measuring her for her dress.

"Hmm, this is good, any chance for some honey", Veronica asked?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 10:14:09 AM by Jored »
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova