Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15231 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #15: August 01, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »
Imperial Court

She knew it, he had known she couldn’t get up and he had made it quite clear with his words. It seemed to Emperor like to add subtle nuisances to his droning speeches.

She was still glaring at him when a hush fell over the Court. She could hear footsteps approaching from behind, but she locked her gaze on the Emperor. His eyes shifted momentarily towards someone behind her and then back to her.

Veronica smiled slyly.

A Noble had come beside her and knelt in front of the Emperor, he had withdrawn his sword and even though it caused a hush in the court the Emperor didn’t seem concerned. The new arrival had placed the sword on his knee as he awaited a response from the Emperor.

“You Majesty is of course right in some sense, most of us has to stand on our own two feet, but even an Emperor can’t stand alone all the time, and a Lady like myself even less without support of good friends and allies”.

Veronica tugged at her dress until she could get some sort of traction and reaching out she placed her hand on the shoulder of the noble kneeling beside her. Using him for leverage she pushed herself up still glaring at the Empire, she then focused on the kneeling Noble and looking down upon him smiled and gave a small nod of thanks.

Looking back at the Emperor she said, “I enjoyed our chat you’re Majesty, until we meet again” she still held his gaze as she made a small curtsy before she whirled around and headed to the exit of the Imperial Palace.

Let him stew on that she thought to herself as she headed home.

Roleplay from Sturm Attano

Better late than never Sturm thought to himself as he approached the throne room. He wore a deep purple tunic, a black fur coat and grey fur trimmed boots and gloves. It was just his luck to be stuck in a hole long enough to miss the coronation of an Emperor. At this rate he’d wake up to find Luria split in two.

He noted the crowd was thinning. “Fashionably late, I hope.” He muttered into his moustache as he entered the throne room. He stopped to the back of the room, awaiting the conclusion of Lord Selemnir’s audience.

He absentmindedly rubbed his wrists, still sore from the chains the beasts had used.

Roleplay from Nicholas Archival

Nicholas inclined his head in response to Veronica. She will do fine, he decided. There was more strength to her than the first letters and introductions had suggested, though it needed to be drawn out of her. But there was little time to muse on it, for Bennet had knelt to offer his sword.

In response, he rose to his feet and strode across to meet him. The meaning and importance of the gesture was not lost upon him, and he would dignify it as Bennet was due.

"Marshal Bennet Selemnir, Margrave of Askileon Purlieus," he announced, so that there could be no mistake. "I accept your sword and your service; for so long as I am emperor, your rights and rank shall be championed and defended. You are among Luria's very finest and let all hear this and know it to be true. All the Throne asks of you is that you continue your proud commitment to the realm and to leading those under your command; we can demand no more."

With that, he reached down to rest one hand upon the flat of Bennet's blade, a small and brief physical gesture of acceptance. Then, the imperious tone of the emperor shifted and he flashed a smile, while his hand shifted to be offered to the Marshal.

"Stand, Bennet. The hospitality of the Imperial Palace is yours."
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 03:44:33 PM by Jored »
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova