Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15264 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #15: August 02, 2018, 11:14:37 AM »
Askileon Purlieus
Now

Veronica knew her temper caused her more problems than she needed in her life. Oh that smug Emperor, sitting on his high and mighty thrown … he did have a nice roguish look to him though … no Veronica shook her head, she was still furious at him.

Yes, and she would show him. Except now she found herself in the “Wilderness” , she was riding a lovely white mare she had named Cloud, the only problem was she hurt all over, her legs hurt her arms hurt her entire body hurt even her nether regions.

Previous Day

Veronica was in a foul mood as she stepped out of the Carriage as it arrived at Chateau Pinean, her day had court had been a Nightmare. The Emperors not so subtle hints infuriated her. She would show him, she was a strong independent woman.

Snapping at one of the guards she said “Get me Captain Mikael, tell him to meet me in the study!”  The guard gave her a quick salute and jogged of to find the Captain.

“Don’t do anything hasty child”, Tess called after her while still getting out of the carriage. “Veronica? Are you listening to me?”

Tess found Veronica pacing in the study. “There you are child, stop sulking” Veronica glared at Tess “He thinks me weak Tess, and he all but came out and said so in front of everyone at court. Oh but I will show him, the pompous, loud mouth silly peach wearing Emperor.”  She kept pacing and took out her frustration on a waste basket, with one swift kick she send it flying and then the pain shot up her leg.

So that’s how Captain Mikael came to find the Lady Veronica jumping on one foot and uttering the most foul language that would even make a sailor blush.

“Veronica!” Tess shouted, “That’s no way for a lady to talk”

Veronica hobbled to a chair and dropped into it, massaging her foot. She looked up at Mikael. “Captain, ready the men we are going on a trip”

Mikael frowned as he looked at her “A trip Milady?”

“Yes a trip, we will head to this Askileon Purlieu so I can see these Monsters for myself.”

Mikael breathed a sign of relieve “Alas Milady, latest report shows no monster activity in Askileon Purlieu, so there is no need for you to make a trip, it would be but a waste of your time”

Veronica tilted her head as she thought “Oh, well then, we will just have to go looking somewhere else then until we find some. But we are going Captain. I will need a horse of course and provisions and something comfortable to wear”

“Veronica dear, don’t be silly. The Wilds is not place for a Lady of the Court …” That was a mistake, and Tess realized it too late. “Court? Who’s Court? That Snobby Emperor … I’ll show him.”

“No more talking I am in charge here and I decide what we do. Captain we leave at dawn”

Tess just watched as Veronica left the study “Captain, thoughts?” she asked Mikael.

Looking at Tess he said “The safest place for the Lady Veronica would be Ciarin Tut, the road from Askileon through Askileon Purlieu towards Ciarin Tut has been cleared of any monsters as per previous scout reports. It is also the gathering ground for the armies of the Moon Court. It would be an uneventful trip and once we arrive, any local threats should have been taken care of.”

“Very well Captain, you know your duty and it seems you where right about getting her acclimated to the situation in Dwilight. This should be a good starting point. But at any sign of trouble her safety comes first, understood?” 

“Understood Milady”

“We better get the Child a Horse … a fast one if you can manage.”

Mikael gave her a quick nod and went to make arrangements.

Now

Askileon Purlieu, she hated this foul place. She shifted her weight around in the saddle, it didn’t help. A cold wind started blowing from the ocean, she sighed as she hugged her hooded cloak closer to her. The Light leather padded armour she wore kept most of the cold out but she still felt a chill. It was getting late and dark and she was hungry.

“HOLD! WE MAKE CAMP!” Captain Mikael bellowed out as the men on March went about their routine of setting up the camp.

Veronica was so relieved she could almost cry. Captain Miakel had dismounted and walking over to her he waited as she swung her leg over the saddle, gently he lowered her from the horse.

She thought she would die.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova