Author Topic: The House of Gardarr  (Read 15015 times)

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
The House of Gardarr
« Topic Start: May 08, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
“Milord, the men have been informed, we march for Aestus in the morning”

Rand did not immediately reply, instead he was staring out of the window from the second story of the Inn he appropriated for his officers and himself.
He was in Domus the Capitol of Highmarch, the tip of the spear in the fight against the north. And here in the streets among the bustle of the people rushing around and carts hauling goods, a scene had captured his eye.

A man was standing on the back end of a wagon, yelling out to the crowds, beckoning them to listen and to his side on the ground was a large piece of wood with hundreds of nails sticking out of it. Rand unconsciously rubbed the embroided stitching of a Red flame on the breast of his tunic.

Rand turned his head and addressed the man in the room with him “Ruan, have a look at this and tell me what you see”

Ruan started towards the window, on his way placing the dispatches on the desk.

He was of average build, lean and dark hair and been a friend to Rand since childhood, they had grown up together and as such things happen their interest and careers followed each other to an extent, so it was no surprise that he wore a blue embroidered mark on his chest, in the shape of a drop of water.

Ruan stared at the scene down below, and frowned. It seemed things had escalated and the man down below was now in a frenzy and the crowd that gathered numbered in the fifty’s. The man was waving his hand and shouting and in a flash he was down from the cart and walking over the bed of nails, still shouting and waving on about something.

Ruan snarled, “I need not tell you Milord, we both have seen this before. That man is a fool, a Shadow Cultist; his trickery will fool some but the faithful not so easily."

Rand moved from the window and took a seat behind his desk. “It seems they have become bold in the wake of the Exodus of the unfaithful, to preach in Domus and so in the open. You say we will be ready to march at sunup, good I leave that in your care”

Ruan understood the tone and started to withdraw from the room, just before reaching the door Rand Spoke. “Oh and Ruan, make sure our new friend joins us on our trip.”

Smiling Ruan nods and says “I would have it no other way Milord, I was planning to extend and “invitation” either way”

Rand reached for the dispatches and nodded. “Very well, walk in the light Inquisitor.”

With that Ruan left and Rand took out his flask and poured a gold liquid with red whirling splotches mixed together into a glass and started reading the countless letters, reports, missives, and complaints.

He could feel a headache coming on.
Rand Gardarr/Tam Gardarr/Veronica Gardarr
Highmarch/Bara'Khur/Luria Nova

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: The House of Gardarr
« Reply #1: May 08, 2018, 02:23:13 PM »
The sun was barely up as the group of soldiers and wagons started out from Domus. In the stillness before dawn very few people stirred, oh there were some, but most people took every bit of time they could before starting the day.

The guards manning the gates just stared at the soldiers and carts moving out from Domus, they were just glad it was almost breakfast time.

And as the wind started to blow and skies lighten we find the procession of soldiers under the Gardarr banner on the road towards Aestus.

Rand was riding up front with his officers setting a blistering pace, but he knew his men would handle the march; they have done it on numerous times.

Rand took out his flask and took a swig. “Headache my lord?”

Rand shook his head and replied “Same as always Ruan, could be worse, could be better”

Ruan riding at Rand’s side nodded in the affirmative. Looking back towards the marching men he said “At this pace we will reach Aestus before sundown.”

Rand glanced at Ruan, “We will, you will not.” Sighing Rand looked at his friend and said “You will split from the column with your seekers and move towards that copse of trees about an hour’s ride from Aestus”

“Oh” exclaimed Ruan “I had almost forgotten about our friend” he said with a smile on his face

“Always so full of mirth Inquisitor, you jest but if I could we would set camp but with things the way they are, best thing to do is get to Aestus with haste. So I leave our friend in your capable hands, and I’m sure with your entertainment he will open up and share with us his thoughts”

Ruan nodded “The Will of the Gods will be done my Lord, I will make the necessary arrangements with my division.” With those words the Inquisitor pulled up his horse and rode back through the marching line towards a covered wagon bearing the Blue Sigel of the God Treoraí.

The rest of the march went by uneventful, and an hour before Dusk Rand noticed his Inquisitor and his Seekers of Light leave the road and split from the rest of the Gardarr Phalanx moving at a slow pace towards their destination.

Rand settled back as the Gardarr Phalanx marched into Aestus, the new Lord has come and with him the cleansing Light of the Gods.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 09, 2018, 07:22:22 AM »
As families wash up and get ready to sup, the streets of Aestus Town is slowly clearing out, the sun is set and a hard day’s work has been done by the Miners and Hunters alike. To most it would seem another day has come and gone in Heart of the Badlands.

But the day is not yet done, as the wind carries the sound of men and horse on march and the creak of wagons in their wake.

The first of the shouts start low and few in between, then louder and louder until most of Aestus Town’s people gather in the streets watching the procession.

Some shout in alarm, other in wonder and even some in ecstasy, but as the banners become visible and the troops and wagons roll into Aestus Town proper, the air becomes Jubilant. 

For the Gods it seems has answered their prayers and a new Lord has come, a Lord marked by the Sigel of the God Ánradh, and in his wake marches men in White cloaks with the Sigel’s of their Chosen Gods, covered wagons marked by the Gods Ánradh, Caissa and Treoraí slowly rumbling along behind them.

Rand slowly rode at the front of the column taking in the people lining the streets, his eyes roving over them, here and there his eye catches a person or other and he slowly smiles, yes even here their influence is spreading.

Rand pulls his horse from the rest of the procession to the Town square and shouts out

“PEOPLE OF AESTUS, HEAR ME!!!”

A hush flows over the crowd that has gathered. Rand slowly whirls his horse around and as silence descends he speaks.

“Let it be known from here to all corners of Aestus proper, I Lord Rand Gardarr, Blessed by the God Ánradh, has been appointed as Lord and Representative of Aestus in the Duchy of Highmarch in the Realm of Highmarch. Let those who would walk in the light be blessed by our Gods, and those who walk in the Shadow be warned, your end has come.”

Rand looks over the hushed audience and smiles “But for now I give you the Bounty of the Goddess Caissa, let the celebrations begin”

With a Roar the crowd erupts as the Covered wagons marked in the Sigils of  the Goddess Caissa starts unloading food and drink, men and women set up a stage and music start to flow. And so the Night is marked in Jubilation as the new day brings hope to the people of Aestus.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 09, 2018, 11:22:28 AM »
Rand was sweating, it was a hot summer’s day, and the cool breeze wafting through the open window into his study was no comfort.

He usually woke up early but he found himself sluggish after the celebrations the previous night and took a few hours extra, and it was no surprise when he woke to find a stack of letters, reports and even new orders in his study.

He found it tiresome to read about all the backstabbing, infighting and common insults being touted in the Alliance. He wondered if there was more to this than met the eye, it was strange that all this infighting was happening and in its wake left the door open for the Shadow to plant its roots in the South, it was a problem, a serious one at that.

Pushing those aside he re-read his orders from the Democratic Defenders, he had received orders to move to the front.

A knock at the door “Come”

The door opened and with a quick step the Inquisitor entered, broad smile on his face, “Ah Lord Commander, it’s a fine day is it not?”

Rand wondered how Ruan did it, the man was always full of mirth, and that on a smouldering hot day to boot. “Ruan, I should have known trying to keep an eye out for you and your men would be a waste of time”

Ruan smiled as he took a seat and poured himself a drink from the decanter on the desk. Rand was amused, he always felt better when his friend was around.

“Don’t drown yourself Ruan” Ruan looked up from pouring his drink and smiled “You know me, never more than I can handle and it was a long night.”

“Ah yes” exclaimed Rand. ”A assume your had a productive time, you should really be more carefully” Rand pointed on the red spots on Ruan’s cloak.

Smirking Ruan looked at his cloak and noticing the fine spots he sneers “Damn and I just got this new cloak”

Grumbling he took out a map and unrolled it on the table, all his previous mirth seemed to have left him as he pointed at a location. “Here, our friend has informed us that this small village just over the border in Sordidus currently has a visitor that we would find interesting.”

Leaning closer, Rand took in the map. “Coincidence or Providence?”

“My Lord?” Ruan asked questioningly.

“Oh, we received orders, and it seems by making a small detour we could spend a day visiting this fine village, and still make the rendezvous point." Ruan suddenly perked up again “That is good news” he picked up his glass of whiskey and took a tentative sip.

“So it seems, make arrangements. We move out at dawn“

…

“Something else Ruan?” Rand asked as Ruan, who was staring into his glass, seemed tentative.

“A Small thing my Lord, by any chance have we received any messages from the Church, they must know by now that you have claimed Aestus in the name of Trinitism.”

Rand looked at his friend, “Would it really matter? They grow fat and weak in Vix Tiramora. I doubt they care what we do, so we will do the gods work as best we see fit.”

Rand looked at the pile of messages

“So in short good Ruan, no I have not received any communications from the Church in some time”

Ruan nods solemnly and puts his glass down, stands and starts to leave the room.

“Walk in the Light Inquisitor” Rand called

Ruan turned and with a faint smile he nodded as he left the study.

Leaning back in his chair Rand studied the Map the Inquisitor gave him some more.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: May 09, 2018, 11:46:05 AM »
It was another blistering day as the Gardarr Phalanx marched over the border from Aestus to Sordidus. So far the roads have been empty, that was good.

About an hour into Sodidus, Rand signalled one of his officers, the Phalanx spit from the main road onto a small dirt path that snaked around the base of a hill. By mid afternoon they crested a small ridge and spotted the Village lying in a low valley.

Rand signalled his men and they started down towards the Village. People stared as the armed men marched into the Village, but most just went about their business. Rand frowned.

He drew his horse to a stop at the green but didn’t dismount and just stared at the people with his soldiers behind him forming ranks. It seemed that someone had the good sense to inform the head Elder for he came rushing around the corner huffing and puffing.

Struggling to catch his breath he stammered a welcome of sorts and well wishes, but Rand had already dismissed him and was looking at a man dressed in animal rags, with long black hair and thick beard with what seemed like animal bones woven into it. He was walking towards Rand and the elder.

Rand raised his hand to dismiss the Elder and he fell silent, Rand noticed him sweating and wringing his hands as he looked from Black beard to the Rand nervously. 

The Elder was still trying to catch Rand’s attention when Black beard spoke in a deep loud voice. “You bring soldiers into this Village? You startle the people? And you are not the Lord of this Region? State your business here?”

Rand smiled and leaned over his pommel, he addressed the Elder. “Refreshments, yes? That would be good. And a table and chairs, you can have them brought here to the green” The Elder looked at Rand and rushed away to make the arrangements.

Rand sat back higher on his horse and slowly started taking off his riding gloves all the while smiling at Black Beard who since Rand seemed to blatantly ignore got visibly more irate. It also seemed that this interaction started to draw a crowd. A shame really Rand thought, most common people would know to stay clear in a situation like this. Rand dismounted as some men brought over a table and chairs and placed them on the green and women brought fruit, bread, cheese, sweetmeats and pitchers of water and wine and placed it.

Smiling rand took a seat and pointed to the other and addressing Black Beard, he asked ”Care to join me?”

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: May 10, 2018, 07:47:24 AM »
Rand took some bread and cheese placed it on his plate, and motioned to Black Beard to take a seat. The animal skinned clad man slowly took the seat opposite him, but didn’t make any further moves.

“So tell me, what is a Shadowism Shaman doing in Sordidus?" Rand studied the Shaman as he waited for a response, but the Shaman just crossed his arms and glared at Rand.

Smiling Rand asked “Such a small village, out of the way. I assume they don’t get a lot of visitors, traders, magistrates and such? This would make a perfect place for your kind to peddle its lies and corrupt the people to the Shadow, would it not?"

The Shaman hissed at Rand, “You know nothing of us and ours; we go where we please and follow where the spirits lead. This village is but one stage and these villagers but mere players in the play of life; we take a roll and direct them to a better way”

Rand took out his flask and poured some into a mug.

“These people will throw of the Yolk of oppression from your false Gods and take their rightful place on the stage” Rand took a sip from the mug as the Shaman continued.

“Oh how rude of me would you like some” Rand held out the flask to the Shaman. The Shaman took the flask and threw it on the ground. “That’s what I think of your hospitality”

Rand sighed and leaned back in his chair. In an instant Ruan moved and kicked the chair out from under the Shaman, he went sprawling and Ruan moved to place his knee in his back keeping him down, grabbing his black matted hair Ruan forced his face into the ground where the flask landed.

“The Lord Commander offered you a drink; it would be wise to accept his generosity, yes?”

Rand noticed that some of the peasants were being held back by his soldiers, seems like while he was talking with the Shaman they had dispersed and mingled in the crowd.

Ruan was still holding the Shaman down but he was just gritting his teeth, some splotches of mud caught in his black beard.

Rand slowly stood, used the chair as a stool and stepped up upon the table. He addressed the crowd.

“This, this filth grovelling at my feet is what you believe in, this halve animal, covered in the skins of beasts. This pedlar of lies and deceit, he has led you astray from the path of the true Gods and in so you have been corrupted by the Shadow.”

Slowly Rand withdrew his sword from his sheath, “But do not despair for I am your Salvation, I will cleanse the shadow from your hearts” Rand took a step forward and with one fluid motion swung his sword low and struck the Elder of the Village deep between the neck and collarbone, as the blood spurted from the gaping wound Rand used his boot to push the Elder from his sword.

“AND WITH RIGHTEOUS FURY YOUR SINS WILL BE CONSUMED IN THE FIRES OF THE GOD ÁNRADH, AND WHEN YOU ARE BUT DUST THE WATERS OF THE GOD TREORAÍ WILL SCATTER WHAT REMAINS AND IN TIME NEW LIFE WILL FLOURISH THROUGH THE GODDESS CAISSA”

With that Rand stuck the bloody sword into the wooden table in front of him “So is the will of the Gods and so do I carry out their Justice on this mortal coil.”

It all happened so fast that most of the Villagers were still in a mild shock, and only when the screams started and they saw other villagers being cut down by the soldiers did they try to run. Those few that tried to fight were the first to fall as they had been singled out earlier by the soldiers.

And as night fell and the screams of the day dissipate, the Gardarr Phalanx marched over the ridge and Rand turned his horse and looked at what he had wrought. It was an orange glow that welcomed his sight, the bellowing smoke could not be seen in the night sky, but with the illumination of the raging fires you could spot a lone wooden pillar rising from the center of the Green surrounded by misshaped lumps, and hanging there a large man with a Black beard, slowly swaying to and fro.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: May 11, 2018, 07:20:26 AM »
It was past midnight when the Gardarr Phalanx arrived at the mustering grounds in Sordidus, the newly constructed palisade standing on the only lone hill in the area rising before them.

Rand could see torches from the patrols and knew they had been spotted. And sure enough, a lone rider exited the fortifications to intercept them.

Rand sighed at the approach of the rider, it had been a long march and he was tired, not only tired but he stank of blood and smoke, he sorely wanted to have a wash. He drew his horse to a standstill and waited as the messenger drew closer.

As the rider approached, he slowed his advance and asked “Lord Gardarr, of Aestus?”

Rand nodded in the affirmative “You have a messages for me, hand it over then. I am in no mood for pleasantries”   

The messenger handed the sealed Dispatches to the Lord of Aestus, as he started to read them it afforded the messenger the opportunity to take in the Gardarr Phalanx.

His eyes went from the Soldiers to the Lord over a smiling face back to the soldiers … a smiling face …  he looked back to meet the eyes of what he assumed to be an officer, the officer was looking right at him with a strange smile, and it gave him the chills.

He tore his eyes from the officer and took a closer look at the men, and noticed the dark splotches on their uniforms, in the bad light he could not make it out but he smelled the blood and smoke hanging around them.

“Milord?” ,the messenger murmured. Looking up from the dispatches the lord of Aestus caught his eye. “Eh, begging your pardon my Lord, but are the roads from Aestus not save? It seems you had seen some battle”

Rand looked at his men, then back at the messenger. He had a letter is his hands marked with the Seal of House Von Lunkhofen, the messenger noticed the Lord run his fingers over the seal, a wolf on a crossed shield. Rand placed the unopened letter back with the dispatches.

“ I have no reply to send, we march as ordered, and as to the safety of the realm I can assure you it is much saver now that a day ago, you are dismissed”

As the messenger swinged his horse around and departed Ruan asked “We march?”

Rand pointed at the mustering grounds, it was fairly empty, only supply wagons and a few guards remain with the camp followers in-between and they were also slowly starting to move north.

Rand handed the dispatches to Ruan, and bellowed. “WE MARCH FOR VISEU”

Rand nudged his horse and the Gardarr Phalanx kept marching.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: May 14, 2018, 07:54:47 AM »
It was a hard march and the Gardarr Phalanx arrived in Viseu proper in the midday sun, with signs of battle around them. Rand glanced at his men, they were tired and it was showing, but they would do their duty, they always have.

Viseu was a townsland, with one major Town centered and surrounded by farmland. It also did not boast any fortifications, so it was here that the Phalanx marched into the outskirts of town and joined the continuing fight between the town defenders and the invaders. The Invaders being them of course, the defenders was outnumbered three to one but they fought in the streets, alleys and rooftops, setting ambushes as they retreated, making the attackers hesitate.

Rand knew this town from what he learned on previous skirmishes and invasions and he had a good idea of where he wanted to go. It was easy going as most defenders had been routed and pushed back to the outer edges of the town, so Rand made swift progress marching his men through the market district towards the temple district.

Yes even small towns like this had a somewhat robust religious center, no officially sanctioned temples but still houses converted to religious building as such.

It wasn’t long before Rand spotted his destination. A large building, once an Inn or Tavern converted to house the Shamans and Zealots from the Shadow Cult. There was a lot of people milling outside, and a few guards keeping the people in check. Rand didn’t know who had set them, but he did not care.  He had eyes only for the Shamans and their attendants preaching to their flock.

“FAN OUT AND SURROUND THE BUILDING” he bellowed

His men rushed past him and the startled guards and began to surround the building and separating the peasants from the Shadow Cultists.

“MILORD, this is highly irregular we have been assigned to keep the peace …”

Rand glared at the Guard, “YOU ARE DISMISSED!”

The Guard stared at Rand, “The Gardarr Phalanx will take over here now” and with that Rand rode past the startled guards. They looked at each other and moved away at a quick pace, probably to report to their Lord or Lady, Rand did not care.

His men had separated the local peasants from the Cultists and Rand bellowed “ROPE, BRING ME ROPE!”

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: May 15, 2018, 07:45:13 AM »
The Tavern the Cultist had been squatting in was dusty, dark and dank. But if you peered through the door you could see seven figures slowly swinging from ropes in the background. In front of them was a lone chair and a lone rope hanging ready to be re-used. Soldiers where carrying out body after body and dumping them in the alley at the side of the building, the flies were a nuisance.

In front of the Tavern flanked by Seekers of the light Rand and Ruan was sitting behind some tables and writing in ledgers.

“NEXT!”

A Young woman stepped forward.

“Name?”

“Milord, I’m not a cultist, I was just rounded up here with the others, I follow the Gods three, please Milord, mercy” Rand looked at the sobbing woman.

“NAME!”

…”Ro…Roselly Ventas” …

“Age?”

…“22, Milord”…

“Occupation?”

…”Child Carer, Milord”

“Answer true child, for if you walk in the light the Gods will walk with you and protect you from harm”

…”I will Milord, I swear it”…

“Have you now or have you ever taken part in any unholy Shadow practises, have you or any of your kin been in this unholy cesspool, and have your or anyone you know been touched by the Shadow”

…”No Milord, none of that, I’m a good god fearing woman, and neither me or mine would take part in these practises”…

Rand leaned back in his chair and sighed, he’d been hearing it since they started, and not one has come out to confess, of course that was to be expected. He wished he had more time, but alas time was not on his side.

“I Rand Gardarr chosen of the God Ánradh hereby find you guilty of heresy and collaboration with the Shadow, I sentence you to death by hanging, may the Gods have mercy on your soul, for you will find none here”

Two seekers of the light grabbed the woman and dragged her into the Tavern; she was screaming her innocence all the way.

“NEXT!”

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: May 16, 2018, 08:19:55 AM »
It was getting late in the afternoon, the sun would set in a few hours, and yet the crowd was not thinning. The pile of corpses in the alley had doubled in size, and the crowd glanced fearfully at it.

Rand had taken a break from his duties and left the questioning to Ruan. He was sitting on a bench next to a fountain, turning an unopened envelope in his hands. The seal of the Wolf on a Crossed shield seemed to glare at him, Rand glared right back at it, and he knew he had to open it at some point, but he could not be bothered in the here and now.

Rand stood and stretched, sighing he started back towards to Tavern, odd, Rand noticed one of his men guarding the peasants drop face first onto the ground. He then noticed the arrow sticking from his back; he was not the only one to notice though.

As the guard dropped the peasants made a break for it, overwhelming another guard with their sheer mass they ploughed over him, he got one of the peasants in the leg as arrows struck at him.

“AMBUSH” shouts rang out over the courtyard. Rand knew better this was no ambush, looking in the direction from where the arrows came, he noticed a division of archers approaching. A full unit, this was not possible, all the defenders were routed…

It dawned on him, the enemy had been re-enforced, and from the shouts and noise of the battle. It was a sizable force.

“FORM LINES” Rand shouted, “SLOW RETREAT”

Good thing about fighting archers in tight city streets is that if you don’t give them a shot they aren’t worth !@#$e. During the retreat a few men took wounds, but nothing serious. The Phalanx retreated out of Viseu Town and it was a slaughter. The fields where covered in corpses, it seems the enemy had completely taken their forces by surprise, friendly and allied troops were being routed and harassed while they retreated.

Rand took in the sight and made a choice to head straight for the Akesh, Viseu border.

“QUICK MARCH, WE HEAD FOR AKESH”

As his men started the quick withdrawal, Rand heard a howling voice pierce the fighting on the battlefield. Rand turned his horse and scanned for the origin.

After a few minutes he found it, A Lord Knight …drunk and facing off against numerous enemy soldiers. “Ruan who is that man?”

Ruan drew his Horse up and squinted at the Knight. “Difficult to make out my Lord, but it could Dagr Araneae?”

The Knight shouted out again.

​...

"I'm lightly wounded, Fight me!"  Dagr shouts in the battlefield as he throws his empty wineskin to a random soldier.

"I'd bet my shister no one can besht me in a duel ye sards!"

“Yes, I would stake my reputation on it, that is Dagr Araneae” exclaimed Ruan

Rand fixed him in his mind and turned his horse and rode after the Phalanx who was making quick pace for Akesh.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: June 06, 2018, 07:36:00 AM »
You could cut the animosity between the marching troops with a sword. Rand noted how his men marched wide of the Perdanese and Vixen troops. He did not blame them, he had animosity towards them himself, but he held his head up high and continued on.

“We approach the hour of destruction Ruan, this push into Bescanon will neither be a victory or a defeat” Squinting his eyes he tried to make out some banners at the front of the procession.

With a sigh he continued “Almost all of Highmarch troops are here, if this goes badly … I shudder to think on how we will hold the front at home.”
Ruan nodded “About Home” he handed a dispatch to Rand, he glared at it.

“Bloody Monsters, I thought we killed of the last batch terrorizing Aestus” Rand crumbled the dispatch and threw it on the ground. “Nothing to be done about it now, we will have words with the Militia Commander when we get back … if we get back”

Rand steered his horse around a small contingent of men, he could not make out the banner, and the Phalanx matched his turn with precession and continued on.

Rand spurred his horse on in irritation “QUICK MARCH” he bellowed and the Phalanx marched on.

And in the distance the crows and vultures where already circling.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: June 19, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »
Meanwhile on Beluaterra

Tam rode through the dusty streets of Wundekin, his arm in a sling. A vicious monster even by its own kind had taken a hold of it and broken it right in half before he could dispatch of it.

Walking is his wake was what was left of his men, some wounded others happy to be alive, and in total they amounted to eight. Tam felt despair take hold of him again.

What was the point, it never ended …

Tam came back to himself as his horse stopped moving, a massive group of peasants was in the city plaza listening to a priestess. Tam let her voice carry him away, he closed his eyes and her voice washed over him. For the first time since the invasion of the Hordes he felt at peace.

Tam didn’t know how long he sat there in his saddle, but when he came to again the crowd had dissipated and only a few were in the center plaza surrounding the Priestess.

He spurred his horse closer to her.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: June 19, 2018, 01:20:52 PM »
On Beluaterra
Roleplay from Angela Barrett

"More people would believe if there's a city to spread the truth in.... I cannot remain here." Angela mumbled to herself while wandering the ruined battlefield where Bara'Khur's forces were forced to withdraw for now. She decided to make her way down to Wunderkin in order to properly spread the faith, hoping that the Nobles would catch on. In truth Angela is hoping for more than that, she knows that for the Peasantry to take The Order seriously they must have a permanent dwelling in form of a Temple or Shrine. In order to do that....she must preach to the masses in the city.

So she gathered in the Town Plaza and spoke and spoke and spoke for twelve whole hours, attracting a large crowd of listeners although only a few actually took the truth to heart. Angela was not worried, for after the sermon she sees someone approaching her on a horse in Noble garb. So she advances to them and poses them a interesting question.

"Welcome, Noble of Bara'Khur…….are you here because you know what must be done to save this land? Will you join us in prayer and be inducted into The Order as the official second member? Your contribution could mean the salvation of the world itself with sacrifices across it! To prevent the scourge of disease and abominations from spreading further. Come to me and show your piety, then I shall then induct you if you so wish...…"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 01:24:06 PM by Jored »

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: June 19, 2018, 01:23:09 PM »
On Beluaterra

Tam, pulled at the reins of his horse, and it came to a plodding stop, even his horse seemed like it had fallen into despair.

Tam Looked upon the Priestess as she approached him and then she spoke.

"Welcome, Noble of Bara'Khur…….are you here because you know what must be done to save this land? Will you join us in prayer and be inducted into The Order as the official second member? Your contribution could mean the salvation of the world itself with sacrifices across it! To prevent the scourge of disease and abominations from spreading further. Come to me and show your piety, then I shall then induct you if you so wish...…"

Tam listened to her words and thought. Would he? His Family had always followed the Daishi faith, but he was born into it, he can’t even remember if he ever met or saw a Daishi Priest. It ranked at him, here he was fighting, his men dying and the Priests of Daishi did nothing.

Tam motioned to his men and they tentatively helped him dismount, with solid ground under his feet he stepped towards the Priestess. Tam was quite tall and as he got closer to the Priestess he tilted his head down, he met her eyes and spoke. “So be it”

Tam withdrew his sword and with some effort he bent down on one knee, placing it in front of Priestess and spoke “Priestess of Mordok , I Tam Gardarr, Inquisitor of Bara'Khur, Noble of this Realm hereby denounce my ties to Daishi and all it entails and pledge my sword and life to The Order of Mordok.”

Behind him Tam’s remaining men also knelt and took the oath.

With a sigh Tam rested his head against the hilt of his sword. He was so very, very tired.

Jored

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: June 21, 2018, 01:46:41 PM »
BACK ON THE EAST CONTINENT

Rand scanned the Horizon from his vantage point, the higher tower centered in the stockade. The Stockade was the obvious choice for the command center, but it was this tower that was the advantage. 

The first banners were spotted in the distance and the sentries had called out. There was a bustle in the camp as men ran to and fro, but it would be a while still before Rand could make out the Nobles Banners.

What he did know was that they where Vixen, his scouts had informed him of their imminent arrival.

He ignored the host in the distance even though they made good pace they would be hours still before they arrived at the rally grounds. Rand looked over to where the Highmarch troops were camped.  The Nobles of Highmarch had set up at their allotted plots east of the stockade, well managed, orderly and marked by their Nobles Banners.

It was efficient.

“Ruan, make arrangements, once the Vixens are close enough send out riders to instruct their Commanders on the Plots allocated to them on the West Side of the Stockade.”

“Also, make arrangements for refreshments to be made available for our allies, also send word to the Highmarch Camps of their arrival. We will host the gathering around the command tent, have some more canopies put up in the mean time."

Ruan, leaning against the railing spoke “Of course High General. It’s interesting times we find ourselves in, it’s been a while since Highmarch and Vix Tiramora found themselves together at the same setting.“

Rand looked at Ruan, the man had that strange grin on his face again “What?, I know you Ruan you are up to something”

Waving it away Ruan said ”Oh Nothing nefarious, I was just thinking on which Nobles accompany the Vix Army, I’ve heard much of the depravity going down in the Deep South. Can you believe I have just today heard from some merchants that Nobles are even marrying Commoners down there?”

Rand glared at Ruan, “You will of course behave yourself as per your station, I don’t want any .. Incidents … understand?”

Ruan smiled “Oh you know me, always proper”

Rand just shook his head as Ruan made his way down the tower. With a chuckle, he scoffed

“Marrying Commoners, ridiculous”