Author Topic: Rejected: Adventurer Infiltrators  (Read 1880 times)

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
Rejected: Adventurer Infiltrators
« Topic Start: May 16, 2018, 01:20:02 AM »
Name: Adventurer Infiltrators

Summary:
Allow Adventurers access to the sub class "Infiltrator".

Details:
The current Infil game is incredibly weak. The skills are very hard to acquire, the missions are almost impossible, and you hemorrhage honor and prestige. It is looked down on as less than noble, so why not open it up to those who are less than noble? I suggest allowing Adventurers to be come Infiltrators (requiring the same honor and prestige as nobles, to make it difficult to attain), giving them the same options as noble Infils, but keeping their timepool and movement.

Benefits:
1. This give nobles something to do with gold. There is a lot of gold floating around these days, and instead of nerfing it, we should find things to spend it on other than just recruiting troops and occasionally repairing forts.
2. Gives Advies something to aspire to. The class currently lacks depth. Having a goal would be nice.
3. Advies who are Infils would have an edge, due to their movement abilities. It would be much easier to carry out missions undetected.
4. Adds more risk factor. Everyone loves danger. If you get caught as an Advie, no one is going to bail you out. Conduct business at your own peril!

Downsides:
I hate this part of the request process. Every suggestion I make always sound perfect to me until someone rips it apart ;)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:54:30 AM by Vita »
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer Infiltrators
« Reply #1: May 16, 2018, 01:21:50 AM »
Frequently requested, frequently rejected.

Not going to happen.

I've got an overhaul of the infiltrator class sketched out, that should address the imbalances in it as it stands—right now, given its kit, it's too likely to swing between OP and frustratingly useless, and I want to make it more generally useful and less flashy.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 16, 2018, 01:31:09 AM »
Yes! I am nailing these requests!
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 16, 2018, 08:26:50 AM »
Yes! I am nailing these requests!

If you don't mind those things being 5 year plans  ;D
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)