Author Topic: Something to Do While Wounded  (Read 1928 times)

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Something to Do While Wounded
« Topic Start: May 16, 2018, 05:16:37 PM »
I've been thinking about this for a while, but one of my characters moving to critically wounded status brought it back to the front of my mind. What I've been thinking is, wouldn't it be good if there was something you could do with your wounded character while they're out of action? Something that sort of encourages players not to see being wounded as a totally bad thing that essentially stops you from playing that character for a few days.

The thing that came to mind on this was how in celtic mythology they thought that the separation between our world and the 'otherworld' was quite thin and it was possible to slip between the two. What I was thinking was that while a character is wounded, perhaps they could slip in to some 'otherworld' area of the game where they can do something. On a strictly Middle Ages level, it's also similar to how people could have religious visions in the delirium of being badly wounded.

I don't know how easy or possible it would be, but perhaps part of the current code could be reused to form this otherworld to minimize Dev time on it. The things that came to mind were, what if all wounded characters from across the game could fight each other in some way using the dueling code? Or what if all wounded characters from across the game could communicate with each other and RP this otherworld?

The idea would need to be worked out in more detail. But all this would replace the brief glimpse of messages you see when seriously or critically wounded (which tend to be a bit frustrating anyway). Essentially, it would form some sort of mini-game that you could only play with a wounded character.

Thoughts?

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Something to Do While Wounded
« Reply #1: May 16, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »
Delvin has plans in the works for to deal with boredom during wounded statuses too...I'll let him share them in more detail himself.

Really, we have plans for to deal with so many issues, just lack of developer resources to move forward. At this point, it's mostly Anaris in-between real life.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Something to Do While Wounded
« Reply #2: May 17, 2018, 08:52:52 AM »
Yes most definitely. Currently being wounded just sucks, to be blatant.

Being able to read messages would already be a huge improvement.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)