Author Topic: Complete mechanical immunity hurts the game  (Read 2883 times)

Constantine

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Complete mechanical immunity hurts the game
« Topic Start: May 02, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
So apparently there are positions in the game that are absolutely immune to all and any players' actions.
If you are a duke and a governor of a city and a royal, but not a king, there is literally no way to remove you from this position.
This leads to a situation when a player gone rogue can really harm the realm in an ugly way and nothing can be done about that.

I do not understand why it is done this way and why it makes sense. There should be no 100% immune offices, especially this powerful.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
So apparently there are positions in the game that are absolutely immune to all and any players' actions.
If you are a duke and a governor of a city and a royal, but not a king, there is literally no way to remove you from this position.
This leads to a situation when a player gone rogue can really harm the realm in an ugly way and nothing can be done about that.

I do not understand why it is done this way and why it makes sense. There should be no 100% immune offices, especially this powerful.

Auto da fe, infiltrators, scrolls, etc. Be creative.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild

It may not be ideal from a gaming perspective, but strikes me as historically accurate. Traditionally a King's greatest obstacles were the intransigence of his dukes
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
The key element is: don't let untrustworthy people gain the royal status.

Rulership is huge. It's easier to forget this now that titles are a buck a dozen, but you really, really, really need to consider your rulers carefully.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
In extreme cases, there IS precedence for having the Titan's resolve the situation of an abusive duke, should they determine that their intervention is necessary.
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
In extreme cases, there IS precedence for having the Titan's resolve the situation of an abusive duke, should they determine that their intervention is necessary.

Oh... I remember...
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!