Author Topic: Under Debate: Free Up Information  (Read 5070 times)

Axton

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Free Up Information
« Topic Start: May 21, 2018, 12:11:40 AM »
Title: Day-Night Cycle on Every Page

1. The world globe in the navigation frame indicates whether it is day or night for BM.
2. I am interested on making that info more broadly available like you mention.

1. Did not see that. Like, at all. It's less than clear.
2. Well, alright then. Like I said, I think the footer is the best location for that.

Title: Linking Pages

All good, give me exact pages where you want to see it happen.
I'm not in favour of linking everything (like signatures) though. That will downright look ugly.

Realm Details Page, Duchy Details Page, Region Details Page, Character Page (the one with the portrait), Realm Hierarchy Page, Diplomatic Treaties Page, Realm Government Page, Realm Laws Page, Your Bans and Fines (I don't know if it has links already, mine is empty), Family/Player Details Page, Route Adviser Scribe Notes, Battle Reports

Title: Expanded Character Pages

Titles have already been added.
I'm not fan of including military information on here actually. It is possible no doubt. But this page is more meant as a biographic kind of page, rather than actively monitor for military ends. At least that was my intention, would like to hear Delvin/Vita on this.
I will add screenshots of the prototype of this page I have currently going on. (see below)

They look good. I would like some way to rather quickly finding that sort of information beyond going through all the regions. Maybe an addition to the Realm Details page instead that provides all current posesed information had on the locations and strengths of that realms units?

Title: More Useful Add Recruits Page
Definitely in favour of this one. Good call.

I make many. I'm also humble. You can tell because I'm telling you.  ;)

Title: Merging Information Pages
I'm a little hesitant on this one, for I do not think the benefits are that big.
Right now people can recognize the pages directly from their information screen, while if you put 'Your Status Page' people will not directly know what is clubbed together on this page and what is not.

This is probably the one that provides the least benefits of my suggestions, admittedly, but I generally favor consolidation, considering it more efficient. If there isn't a reason to really split it out (which I don't really think there is) then I think it should be merged in.

Either way, on all of the subjects above I will need Delvin/Vita to give their opinion. Some are obviously small works for a big win, while others I'm still hesitant about.
As I told you before, we appreciate all the thought you put into it, a new pair of eyes on things is always good.

https://imgur.com/a/pDZtkSW
https://imgur.com/a/TxN9iFL

I like the designs, especially the handsome devil in the portrait.