Author Topic: Under Debate: Free Up Information  (Read 4987 times)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Free Up Information
« Topic Start: May 29, 2018, 07:06:18 AM »
> I feel like this is just part of the learning process. After spending a bit of time on a continent, you get a > feel for the regions. And if you come across one that you don't happen to know, it is as simple as
> opening the Information tab in a new tab for a region list, diplomatic relations, etc...

I get that, but I've been playing for nearly six years and I'm still discovering players and realms and regions I've never encountered, and I have characters on every continent!

A tooltip is great, but like many I do the majority of my play on my phone. Playing as a member of the Southern Alliance, there are many realms, knights and government positions of all types and honestly it's difficult to know which realm has which region. I cant even tell if a representative belongs to my nation or not!

Consider how many of your daily messages are from another character directly - not a turn generated message - East Continent might be an exception. I think all it would take is a single line in the header or footer,

"CHARACTER NAME, an (allied/enemy) (knight,lord/lady,councillor, ruler) of (realm)"

and use generic descriptors for the council and regional descriptors.