Author Topic: Magical Events in Bescanon & Surrounding Regions  (Read 19982 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I find it incredibly hypocritical that those who whine the most about this event seem to also be those that take the most pleasure in RPing about their use of magic whenever it's to their own advantage. Also people who have benefited from portal stones in the past, and who have never shied away from using magic under any form whatsoever. These effects weren't even unprecedented.

I agree with reducing magic on EC, but I wholeheartedly disagree with catering to the whining and undoing what was done. I will be very mad if another set of portal stones are used to simply undo what was just done, regardless of how much more RP or scrolls are poured into it. Portal stones aren't a wishing well, whining on the forum shouldn't be either. Using more stones to undo SOME of the effects that occurred can be justified, but not to surgically undo all that was done. Actions which were not surgical to begin with, but random.

So maybe tone down what occurs in the future, and reduce the stone spawn rate. Maybe add IG reports "there are rumors of an adventurer running around with portal stones nearby" to facilitate witch hunts against them. But do not just return things to how they were. No matter how much whining, RPing, or scrolls are given.

I will also add, however, that I'm also greatly annoyed that the Bescanon portal was resolved pretty much immediately, before I even noticed it on the map. The Darfix portal, on the other hand, has been there for as long as I remember. We've had characters parked there for months to see if anything happens. We've had to adjust Westgard's military expeditions out of fear of what it might do. We've asked countless times for a resolution to that portal event. Why were we unworthy there? Just shut it down in a fizzle if you don't care to do anything about it.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron