Author Topic: Magical Events in Bescanon & Surrounding Regions  (Read 19790 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I've used/had use magic on me thrice for mostly RP purposes, that's it. The first was a healing scroll or smth on Catherine who wasn't even wounded (thus wasting it game mechanics wise) for a RP after Sirion used several scrolls on us. The second was the same but then on Garas to 'counter the black magic inside him' when he was mechanically fine.

The second was the healing scroll on Glory which became a rp event with 5+ characters with very minimal impact on the actual game. She would've healed soon enough anyway.

The key here is minimal impact. Mind you, when Garas was hit with 4 or 5 scrolls of accident in the span of several months, we roleplayed it more than the ones who cast it. Garas was blind for more than a IRL year due to one of those scrolls. I roleplayed the event and tried to turn it into something fun, not because I approve or like excessive use of magic with impact.

I can live with a little bit of super low impact and so far even with big impacts I've both complained about it (read back some other forum topics and irc logs if you don't believe me) and subsequently tried to RP it so there's atleast something good out of it. Don't mean I like it, simply means that's how I play the game. When stuff happens I use it for RP and to create actual stories.

You may find the attitude of complaining yet building rp around stuff like this hypocritical, but what do you want me to do otherwise? Complain and try to ruin the game for others instead?

Now that you have your answer I sincerely hope we can return to a proper cordial tone.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela