Poll

Should magic be removed from EC and Colonies?

Yes Completely
5 (22.7%)
Greatly reduce it, but keep some around with less impact
12 (54.5%)
No, I love magic
5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Under Debate: Remove magic from EC (Stable)  (Read 7233 times)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Remove magic from EC (Stable)
« Reply #15: June 01, 2018, 05:51:21 PM »
I had an idea, but I don't know how realistic it is.

What if we coded a new building, lets just call it a TOWER for now. Let's say that it can ONLY be built in the capital and will fall if the capital is moved. This tower gets two functions. The first, when constructed, the player will have an option to dampen or enhance  the likelihood of magical scrolls appearing in the realm via witch burnings and such. The second is that players will be able to exchange their scrolls for bonds, destroying the scroll in the process without using it.

I would imagine the TOWER would also correspondingly effect the advy game in that realm.

This is just a loose concept  of course, but I think it would make for an interesting added layer of EC RP if realms were also divided based on which wants to enhance or dampen magic overall.

In retrospect, I don't see why the Tower can't be built in any region big enough to support one (while limiting its effect to that region only and a lesser effect on adjacent regions...so basically like a temple? Can we use the temple code model for this and make it easy?) That way it comes down to individual lords as opposed to everyone in a realm being forced one way or the other.

Could be fun guys!
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"