Author Topic: Under Debate: Infiltrator Prison Rescue  (Read 2762 times)

Zatirri

• Marketing
  • Freeman
    • View Profile
Under Debate: Infiltrator Prison Rescue
« Topic Start: May 27, 2018, 10:46:43 AM »
Infiltrator Prison Rescue

The ability for infiltrators to attempt to rescue a captured noble from prison, this would be performed in the capital of the realm that holds them. As with all infiltrator actions, this would be possible against both your own realm and against foreign realms. It would, of course, also carry considerable risk of just landing you in a less than comfortable spot beside the chap you were there to save. If you pull it off perfectly, all would go well, your both free. If you fail horrifically, you'd end up in prison, and if you get somewhere in between then you get away but were spotted, making further attempts harder, similar to other infiltrator actions.

Pros: More uses for Infiltrators that can have meaningful impacts, specifically in high risk high reward situations.

Cons: Potentially hard to code. If Balanced poorly on skill requirements, could be over powered?

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 07:59:07 AM by Vita »

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
Re: Infiltrator Prison Rescue
« Reply #1: May 29, 2018, 05:58:36 PM »
I wonder if it would make more sense to ascribe this ability to a hero somehow? Like when a person is captured in battle, a hero can steal them back before turnchange, Or perhaps an infiltrator that is also a hero?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: May 30, 2018, 03:15:32 AM »
Or a certain strong character *cough* Selenia *cough* could order a group of nobles to rescue a captured noble *cough* Gilth *cough* through pure force of will?

I feel like I have witnessed you bend this game with your mind, Jev. Or maybe it is me that bends, like the spoon scene in The Matrix...
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: May 30, 2018, 08:19:33 AM »
I think Zatirri's idea is very good for - you guessed it - RP opportunities. Imagine rescuing your liege, ruler, or your character's hot chick/sturdy stud, or a priest of your faith.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Bluelake

• BM Dev Team
  • Noble Lord
  • Ta|i - Bluelake Family since 2007
    • View Profile
    • Family Tree
« Reply #4: August 13, 2018, 02:03:46 PM »
What about prisoners of rogue? Maybe they should be ascribed a rogue region to be held within?

Also, I think in current code, the prison's capital not being at "peace" (meaning battles, looting, etc, happened in there) increases chance of prisoner escaping.
Today is Thank Wimpie for Being an Awesome Dev Day. Give Wimpie some gratitude for his constant bugfixing, pestering of admins to get things done, and general Wimpieness.

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 13, 2018, 10:20:59 PM »
I wonder if it would make more sense to ascribe this ability to a hero somehow? Like when a person is captured in battle, a hero can steal them back before turnchange, Or perhaps an infiltrator that is also a hero?

Hero and Infil are both subclasses, so the combo isn't possible.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 14, 2018, 11:32:08 AM »
What about prisoners of rogue? Maybe they should be ascribed a rogue region to be held within?

Also, I think in current code, the prison's capital not being at "peace" (meaning battles, looting, etc, happened in there) increases chance of prisoner escaping.

We should just make prisons be buildings that you can build in different regions and have escape chance tied to like, local stability or combat or some such.
Like my programming? Become my patron!