Author Topic: Discussion on Monsters  (Read 33244 times)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on Monsters
« Reply #45: July 14, 2018, 11:25:43 AM »
My idea of making takeovers take longer and having regions lose control and go rogue easier was based on the idea that this is a game where lords and nobles are supposed to be powerful.

And visible.  If there are too few nobles in a realm, compared to its size, the realm simply would not look "good" to the peasants.  They would resist being part of the realm.

That might encourage players to band together to make stronger realms.  Or it might not.  Players are notoriously unwilling to give up their small kingdoms and kingships for the greater good.  ;)

I do love Chenier's idea of the Imperial or Protectorate regions.  To make that work, I would suggest that when a region is taken over it become an Imperial region rather than joining a duchy.  And if a region loses its lord and is not given a new lord within...say...a week...it become an Imperial region by default.  The ruler should have the right to hand those out to nobles if he wants, or to keep them as Imperial regions.

I honestly don't know how that would work with the idea of trying to concentrate nobles in a smaller number of closer realms, but I love the idea and think it would be awesome.