Author Topic: Discussion on Monsters  (Read 33879 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on Monsters
« Reply #45: July 20, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
East Continent is the only one doing PVP right now that I know of.

Though I don't have anyone in the Far East.  I couldn't maintain interest at only one turn per day.  I'd forget to check it and just...finally walked away rather than let down the nation I was in.

BT and Dwilight are currently only doing monster fighting because of the new code, with no opportunity to fight each other.

BT and Dwilight are only doing monster fighting because, despite knowing of the new code, the realms all still continue the same old behaviors that leads to monster invasions. Dwi especially.

Both continents kinda feel on their death throes now, though. It would be nice to see more PvP on at least one non-EC island... but it wouldn't just be a question of removing the monsters, because that wouldn't do any good whatsoever. You'd need to restrict the sizes of the continents... like with the ice age and blight, and we all know how well that went.

Besides, BT and Dwi are both populated by one super-dense realm that have... irregular player numbers. Even if you put Obea in Dyomoque, and all the other realms of BT all around them... they'd probably still dominate the whole island. Same kinda with Luria, minus the part where you can't really surround Luria as it's all sea, deserts and mountains. It's basically the BT and Dwi Greater Xavaxes. Except that those two continents don't have any realms, or collections of realms, that would in any way be able to match them.

I would really not see any fun in  that. I'd rather fight monsters.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron