Author Topic: Discussion on Monsters  (Read 33984 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on Monsters
« Reply #60: July 26, 2018, 09:52:44 AM »
Here's my thought and feedbacks.

On Dwilight, I have a character in Morek Empire, maybe the word Empire does not do the realm name any justice nowadays. We have like 2 cities, 2 townsland, 3 rural regions. We even had 1 more rural region(Zhongyuan) at one time, but the rogue threat forced us to give up Zhongyuan to HD. Anyway today HD is down to its last region, Donghaiwei, its capital. Look like HD about to die due to rogue attacks. Location wise Morek Empire cannot expand, as it is surrounded by all its bigger neighbors, Arnor and Astrum. Nobody go and pick fight with someone bigger size than you without allies help, that much for sure. At one time in Morek past history when Avernus Ruler Mayhem wanted to buy Muspel and Muspelheim(1 town and 1 city) from Morek, my character rejected due to his thinking Morek had potential to grow and gain more nobles. Fast forward to present time, we do not fare any better. True we had war with HD, but that war was cut short by rogue attacks. We even ventured to Westgard and D'hara lands at one time to aid them against rogue from the west. We were planning for another war, but then rogue got in the way again. The so-called rogue stuck at sea and cannot on board the sea, then they came in massive waves. Given Morek has many lands near the sea, our realm is unlucky in that geography aspect. So rural region Mark was overrun again. Then Nimh the next rural region. We have region lord for all regions except Mark, trying to attract players through war but war cut short by rogue. We back to square one, maybe we should have sell Muspel and Muspelheim to Avernus for thousand of gold, Mayhem offered us gold, I should have accepted it even though my character ran a Referendum and all last 5 nobles of Morek old did not want accept it. Today as we taken over Nimh and Mark and Aegir Deep, rogue overwhelmed all the defense and rural regions there. Now we trying to form a link between Aegir and Muspelhelm/Muspel through Aegir Deep. But with no rural region to feed cities and townland food, my character is starting to regret that he did not sell Muspel/Muspelheim to Avernus. So in character we should not takeover back any of our lands nor even plan for another war against a human realm. We should sit tight, place 10K CS in a rural region, food is becoming scarce on market. So a few wealthy nobles among us, try invest in cities and boost its Production. If this rogue attack/reduce our rural region/starve us is the way to use up our Family Wealth, yes you have done it, congratulations!

On Beluaterra. My character is recently appointed as Duke of a city in Caelint. Normally everyone will congratulate her. but then the rogue attacks started at the time of her appointment. All the rural regions that link 2 cities in Caelint are lost to rogue. Stuck in the city, placing another 10K CS militia, is that really a long term solution to rogue attacks? Watching rogue keep spawning in rogue lands, each time our army took 1 region, we suffered enough casualties to fall back and refit in our capital, only to repeat it again. Not to mention after rogue attacks that eat up peasants, how do Population of peasants recover so slow.

Overall it appears that everyone stuck at their cities on Dwilight and Beluaterra. Perhaps it is a new way of living on Battlemaster worlds. Get out of cities, you get captured by rogue, enter prison. With every realm at their cities, it is only a matter of time to see which realm blink their eyes first and lose their whole realm it seems. It is like that Survivor show on TV. Who survive the longest, win the prize of Survivor Winner.

Last but not least, I miss Fontan on East Island.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)