Author Topic: Discussion on Monsters  (Read 33236 times)

daviceroy

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Discussion on Monsters
« Reply #90: August 15, 2018, 05:39:44 AM »
My 2 cents which is probably not amounting to much...

In Nothoi, my character is trying to hold onto Creasur.  My character has spent quite a few days in a rouge prison after waves and waves of rouges knock down peasant militia and the troops they have.  Try to get to capitol and it's almost always either injury or getting captured.  Continent density is 2.85.  In theory, this should mean the roaming hordes should be diminishing, but it doesn't seem to have happened yet.  The food situation in Nothoi from what I was told by the previous banker is that we can't feed everywhere.  Perhaps as players we should abandon Creasur, but it's a connection city the helps to bridge a gap between Nothoi and Vales.

In D'Hara, I hear my fellow players frustrations about always doing battle against rouges.  D'Hara is one of those particular states where the primary regions of it has always been on islands.  I've personally brought up proposals in character to reduce us down to a limited number of regions and/or supported moving elsewhere in an attempt to end the onslaught, but both proposals are unfavorable to players.  Right now, it's mainly just trying to make sure the regions don't starve to death, wait for a horde to take it over, reclaims the region, try to rebuild it up and rinse and repeat.

I'm still a fan of a prevention system of retaking regions instead of monsters.  I fear that is this continues with monsters "punishing" density issues, this will lead (if it hasn't with some already) to thinking monsters are the dev's punishment for player population going below what they want.  This could in turn cause players to give up resulting in more "punishment" creating a very negative feedback cycle.