Author Topic: Wiki Formatting Tips, Tricks, Assistance & Peer Review  (Read 11620 times)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
It's quite sobering to see how many Lost Realms there are. BM history can sure be a bloody affair with many a trampled dream along the way.

There are still a few false positives in the Realms list but they should all be listed in Old Templates for tidying up by anyone (including me) who has some spare time. I'll put some thought into what a Lost Realm template might look like as it would be nice to have something similar to the normal Realm Box.

Gildre

• Mighty Duke
  • If you can't keep up, don't step up.
    • View Profile
If anyone is interested, I stumbled across a Wiki page with like 300 billion or so color codes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors:_A%E2%80%93F
Admit nothing, deny everything, make counter-accusations.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Thank you for this. I've given you some Goodies as thanks. I'd note that dead realms shouldn't have RealmBoxes, only living realms; RealmBoxes also assign the categories of Realms and the continent they are on, which is why the realms remained in the living realms list.

Sounds like creating an identical template, "LostRealmBoxes", that adds the appropriate category would do the trick.

Actually, nevermind. RealmBox could be modified to have an input for status. Defaults to the current thing, but if "Lost" is put then it adjust and gives the appropriate category.

Just ideas.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
A reworking of the realmbox template could fix this issue. (Conditional based upon the external value return or through the property "part of..." that is used for regions.)

MTYL

• Noble Lord
  • No personal text here, sorry.
    • View Profile
Vita, brown on yours isn't brown but maroon/red.
_____
New family - Arnickles Renodin: Maura(OS), Myr(LN)
Old family - The (dead) Bennets: Max(SF), Joran(VT), Jarra(OS)

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
Then take your disagreement up with W3C? I didn't choose the standards.

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Sounds like creating an identical template, "LostRealmBoxes", that adds the appropriate category would do the trick.

Actually, nevermind. RealmBox could be modified to have an input for status. Defaults to the current thing, but if "Lost" is put then it adjust and gives the appropriate category.

Just ideas.

My first instinct is to favour the separate template approach as burying logic in page templates can quickly get out of hand. I'll try and make some time this week to dig into all the templates a little so I know what's already there.