Author Topic: Script to copy your Battle Report to the Wiki easily  (Read 5369 times)

Gabanus family

• Board Moderator
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Gabanus, any chance of you doing this in something I can host on a website, in PHP perhaps?

I'm afraid that my knowledge on that end is somewhat limited.

The initial purpose of these scripts were to have actual challenges for me to expand my knowledge on coding. I'm not entirely sure how you would transform a VBA script into something webbased.

In the case of BM itself for instance I would imagine it may even be easier to just take a look at the part of the script that gives the layout of a battle report and in turn give a second option to change that layout to a wiki friendly one. In the BM code you already have the different variables after all, which I now had to retroactively reproduce as the source code was just a piece of text, void of the variables used to create it.

If you have specific questions or suggestions on how to do this and think I may be able to aid feel free to let me know though. So far I've only really been focussing on VBA and SQL though, so my knowledge on any other language is limited at best. Do plan on adding php within a few months, but will focus on SQL properly first.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela