Author Topic: Takeover percentages  (Read 2834 times)

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Takeover percentages
« Topic Start: June 12, 2018, 02:34:00 PM »
Hi, I have a couple of questions on Takeovers that I think haven't been answered in previous topics:

(1) How do Takeover percentages work? Do you need 100% in just one category or 100% overall?

How does it work? You get 3 percentages, something like

Brutal: 0%
Sympathy: 56%
Balanced: 15%

Do you have to get to 100% in one of them? or does it work on getting 100% overall in all 3 ?

For example if we get:
Brutal: 30%
Sympathy: 40%
Balanced: 30%

That totals to 100%. Will this complete the successful takeover, or would we have to get something like Sympathy: 100% to succeed?

(2) Do Peasants get tired of the same takeover action repeated?

Some of my players have noticed those messages saying peasants are not impressed by takeover actions and these players suggest that maybe this is due to us repeating the same takeover action again and again. For example Freedom Celebrations. They suggest that for the takeover to complete faster you need to vary your takeover actions. Is there any truth to this suggestion? If it is true then what are the best combinations?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Takeover percentages
« Reply #1: June 12, 2018, 03:03:51 PM »
100% in one category. Each category is a completely separate "type" of takeover.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: June 14, 2018, 10:02:25 PM »
Thanks for replying to the first point. but no one has answered the second point:

Some of my players have noticed those messages saying peasants are not impressed by takeover actions and these players suggest that maybe this is due to us repeating the same takeover action again and again. For example Freedom Celebrations. They suggest that for the takeover to complete faster you need to vary your takeover actions. Is there any truth to this suggestion? If it is true then what are the best combinations?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: June 15, 2018, 12:00:09 AM »

I haven't looked at the relevant code in quite some time, but I'm 99% sure that the answer to this is "no". You can keep doing the same action over and over for exactly the same chances of effectiveness.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: June 15, 2018, 08:05:24 AM »
^ What the big guy said. I believe it is so.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: June 15, 2018, 06:12:58 PM »
ok. Thanks for the replies.