Author Topic: Under Debate: Declare Support  (Read 3058 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Declare Support
« Topic Start: June 25, 2018, 09:16:59 PM »
I could see implementing something like this; however, it would not be a direct mirror of protesting.

I think a better way of making it would would look something more like this:

• When no protests are happening, support does not "decay"—it's something you declare and it remains in force until you deliberately revoke it, except that...
  • ...every month or quarter (not sure just what the period should be), everyone's support is automatically reset (and they are given a reminder to re-declare it), and depending on how much support a given council member had, they may gain some prestige and/or honour at that time.
  • However, when someone is protesting against a particular council member, support does require repeated re-declaration, but also counts up to one-for-one against protests (might try it at a lower ratio, not sure).
  • I suspect that this would also end up requiring some adjustments of the thresholds protests need to hurt council members, as it should still be possible for an upset minority of the realm to cause them problems, if not outright remove them from office, regardless of whether they also have support.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan