Author Topic: Highmarch's Betrayal ---- What next???  (Read 13187 times)

Haerthorne

• Marketing
  • Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Haerthorne Family
Highmarch's Betrayal ---- What next???
« Topic Start: July 04, 2018, 11:12:10 AM »
Since there was so much arguing going on IC I thought it would be nice to allow people to vent on the much slower paced forums.

What will happen to the momentum of the war now?

When will peace be made?

Why did Highmarch do it???????

And more.
Returning player, player of the Haerthorne family, marketing team member, and prospective fixer-upper-er of the wiki.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Highmarch's Betrayal ---- What next???
« Reply #1: July 04, 2018, 12:26:57 PM »
The South... the south never changes.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 04, 2018, 08:58:17 PM »
Rip and tear! Rip and tear!

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #3: July 06, 2018, 09:10:26 PM »
GUIIIS I was busy infiltraiting, Can someone summarize the last two weeks or so for me? i'd be very grateful.

In fact, Where's BarticaBoat with his continental analysis? XD
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 06, 2018, 09:24:09 PM »
GUIIIS I was busy infiltraiting, Can someone summarize the last two weeks or so for me? i'd be very grateful.

In fact, Where's BarticaBoat with his continental analysis? XD

After the Yellow Wings left Highmarch, it left a bad taste in the mouth of those left in Highmarch, and they got serious about seeking peace with the NA. We all came to an agreement (which I won't go into here because "spoilers", check in game, I'll send you a copy). The SA obviously feel this is a betrayal.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 07, 2018, 12:46:01 PM »
.. and many left Highmarch to join other SA members like Vix. Or at least 3 did.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Gordy77

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 11, 2018, 03:17:48 AM »
Makes no sense for the Highmarch to ally with the Redwings against the yellow! Though it devolved into a real Perdan hatefest and HM started scrabbling for support. Scrabble scrabble!

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 13, 2018, 07:40:41 AM »
I think this title is wrong.

It should be "Highmarch made their choice".
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 13, 2018, 08:10:00 PM »
A whole bunch of stuff done by the SA made the majority of Highmarch go "wtf, we are putting ourselves on the line for *them*?", and then decided they'd rather fight Perdan than fight for Perdan. Then Vix and Perleone escalated things to pretty much pushing Highmarch completely with the North.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Graeth

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 14, 2018, 09:43:14 PM »
Vix was given the ultimatum of fighting Perdan or keeping friendly relations with Highmarch (after they had already repeatedly ignored or rejected all attempts at strengthening relations). At that point it was for all intents and purposes demanding we switch sides in the war.
Geg Family: Elshon (Bel)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 18, 2018, 12:43:21 PM »
Chenier had always been...iffy on the alliance with Vix in my memory.  I remember multiple times when he pushed "issues" with working with the Vix and tried to get us riled up against them.  Those of us who came from Oligarch and Xavax were...shall we say...strong in our wishes to work with the Vix.

When Perdan's royalty had "problems" and the realm began to collapse, the former Oligarchians and Xavax who helped the South moved to shore up Perdan so it wouldn't fall.

With us no longer pushing to stay loyal to the South, Chenier had some of the remaining Highmarchians banished and then managed to score a majority of those remaining to decide to abandon the alliance with Vix and look to the North for aid.

They refused to send representatives to the Southern Council which was organizing to seek peace with the North, negotiated their own separate individual peace with the North in secret, and then announced they were abandoning the South.

So they were kicked out of the Southern Coalition and are now fighting with the North.  After MORE Highmarchians left for various Southern realms.

This is of course from the perspective of an Oligarchian who is rather devoted to the idea of fighting the Elven Masters of Sirion.  ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 18, 2018, 10:00:13 PM »
Mathias' stance on Vix has greatly fluctuated through time. From positive at first, to then going radically up and down, mostly depending on who was being more vocal and in charge. Up when it was the likes of Daedalus and Octavian, way down when it was the likes of Zolan and Archibald. Eros made it swing both ways. It was overall a mostly declining trend.

Somewhat similar with Perdan and the Xavax. Pretty much always negative with Perleone since the rebellion, only getting worse with time.

Also, for the sake of clarify, Highmarch didn't give an ultimatum of fighting Perdan or being fought. It said it'd fight Perdan, and those who stood in the way. Standy by and fighting the North without helping Perdan was also an option. I never expected Vix to take that path, personally, but it was an important nuance to many who had more faith in Vix than Mathias did.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 19, 2018, 07:50:42 PM »
Perdan needs a King... I have demands!
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 19, 2018, 10:08:17 PM »
Mathias' stance on Vix has greatly fluctuated through time. From positive at first, to then going radically up and down, mostly depending on who was being more vocal and in charge. Up when it was the likes of Daedalus and Octavian, way down when it was the likes of Zolan and Archibald. Eros made it swing both ways. It was overall a mostly declining...

Mathis and Octavian is a bromance for the ages.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: July 20, 2018, 01:16:39 AM »
A star-crossed bromance.