Author Topic: Faulty Battle Allegiances  (Read 7947 times)

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty Battle Allegiances
« Topic Start: July 12, 2018, 09:44:52 PM »
You don't risk life and limb to fight with folks you are merely peaceful with against a mutual enemy, you let them weaken each other first.

So that you can both get defeated in detail? That seems like faulty tactical reasoning.

But I concede that this is how the game has always worked.

So looking into this, here is what it looks like to me. Correct any errors of understanding, please.

Redhaven was in Winkamus, Highmarch's region. Highmarch and Vix Tiramora were moving into Winkamus. Vix is at war with both Redhaven and Highmarch. Redhaven and Highmarch are at peace with each other.

I went back and checked the order of events. I believe Winkamus was empty the turn before the battle. In other words, everyone moved in on that turn.

Vix Tiramora was the region owner at the time, and the region defected to Highmarch soon after the battle. At no time was Redhaven the region owner.

So I'm wondering why Redhaven was the defenders. My understanding is that the game has a strong preference for choosing the region owner as the defenders? I've had cases where we defeated the region owners and forced them to retreat, and then dug in, and then knights from the region owner marched back in and instantly became the defenders again.
------
qui audet vincit