Author Topic: Oratory Skill  (Read 3226 times)

Joshua Coffey

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Oratory Skill
« Topic Start: July 24, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
Hi everyone,

Been playing Battlemaster for a fair few months now, having a good time on all the continents, but I have recently founded my own religion on my Dwilight character.

Oratory is supposed to be very important to help conversion, but I have never seen it increase from preaching (I always do 12 hour sessions)

So I decided to do some diplomat work on the side to boost it. Doing 16 hour sessions of praising started to level up my oratory. All was going well until rrecently.

My Oratory is at 25 on the Dwilight charts and I have spent over 200 hours praising and not seen an increase since. Is this intentional? Or am I just ridiculously unlucky? Should I be moving on to othet activities to boost my Oratory skill?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Oratory Skill
« Reply #1: July 24, 2018, 03:02:56 PM »
You can use the Academy, try one hour to check your level and then try to invest a little in some training.

I did it with my Priest... first a lot of Academy sessions, then preaching. I have 84 Oratory in my Fame Chart and just checked this with the best option:

You pay your 12 gold and proceed to train in Oratory for 3 hours.
The tutor acknowledges that you seem to be more skilled in Oratory than he is and thus he can not estimate your skill properly except for saying that it is apparently higher than his own (80%)
Unfortunately, it also means he can not teach you anything new, and your skill will likely not improve much further by training with him.
You could not improve your skill with this training and your tutor remarks that you will probably have to hire a better tutor or spend more time in order to have a chance at learning more.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Joshua Coffey

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 24, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »
I knew I could use the academy trainer for Oratory skill, I was hoping I was just missing a cheaper alternative to the Academy.

Thanks for the reply anyway. Any other tips?

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 24, 2018, 04:21:33 PM »
I don't think so... just that I found better to improve the low level at the academy and get more for preaching after reach the 50%. Since you're more skilled in oratory, your preaching will be better and I imagine your oratory will increase even more, but it's just my own theory. Also, the results of the preaching would be better to convert people.

I started a religion as well, but with no time to invest and with Madina going to hell, I will just sell my preachings elsewhere when the time comes.
Serpentis again!

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 24, 2018, 08:08:51 PM »
Oratory skill is the easiest one to increase. Unlike other skills, the most used button of priest will increase your oratory skill. Don't bother wasting time in the academy. Not worth it.

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 24, 2018, 08:48:08 PM »
It can be easy to increase, but when you have just a little, try to be a good Priest coverting 3 followers after spending 12 hours. Useless.

I played with another Priests before, but they became Priests along the way (they already had some oratory). Tried to start as a Priest... I found it better to spend a little in the academies to increase Oratory to justify spending 12 hours with a good conversion ratio.

For each their own.
If you want higher conversions since day one, spend before.
If you want to increase oratory and conversions along the way, just preach.

For me was better to not waste 12hours just to increase oratory without the expected results when you preach: convert people.
Serpentis again!