Author Topic: Faulty Battle Allegiances  (Read 7900 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Re: Faulty Battle Allegiances
« Reply #15: July 13, 2018, 04:06:34 PM »
Step #3 doesn't explain two battles in Nascot where in one, Perdan and Perleone (allies) fought alongside monsters against Highmarch, and another where Perdan just watched as monsters fought against Highmarch.

Highmarch was peasants. Perdan and Perleone are allies, Perleone is at Neutral with Highmarch, and I think Perdan is at Neutral too. Perleone was looting the region and probably had attack orders.

For your situations here, I'd need to know who was already present, who was showing up that turn, and what the battle report said for who took control of the battlefield, to exactly why it happened and/or fix my list of steps.

If I had to guess though, in your Perdan, Perleone, and Monsters vs Highmarch, Highmarch was the defender.

Step ??: Highmarch is assigned Defender A.
Step 12: No Change.
Step 13: Monsters attack because they're at war with EVERYONE.
Step 14: No change.
Step 15: Perleone with attack orders violates their neutrality and joins the assault.
Step 16: No change.
Step 17: No change.
Step 18: Perdan, allied with Perleone, joins their allies assault against Highmarch.

Neutral is not Peace. If Perdan and Highmarch had peace, Perleone would've assaulted alone. 

You can only end up fighting with monsters as your ally if they are NOT the defender, as every realm would see them as the enemy in step 13. Since Highmarch was defending, this made the monsters attackers. Perleone joined due to unit settings, and Perdan followed their ally.

As for Perdan watching monsters and Highmarch fight, it's Perdan's neutrality. In this case I'd have to assume that Monsters were attacking, and Highmarch was defending. Perdan didn't join the defense, because they were neutral with the defenders--in other words, as far as the game could tell, it wasn't Perdan's fight, just Highmarch's.
Like my programming? Become my patron!