Author Topic: Archer targeting  (Read 24724 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Archer targeting
« Topic Start: July 23, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
It seems unlikely to me that that could work if they didn't have the force to take the walls attacking all together. You'd need a lot of archers for the infantry to get seriously slaughtered doing that, and then the most you're getting out of it is maybe lower attacker infantry casualties? At the cost of higher attacker archer casualties...

I suppose we could, perhaps, adjust the code so that if there are no attacking infantry, and no defending archers, the defending infantry just hunker down untargetable behind the walls, and it ends in a stalemate...but without also changing the code so that this would prevent the attacking archers from just walking past unmolested, I don't think it would actually make people happier than what there is now.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan