Author Topic: Archer targeting  (Read 24718 times)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Archer targeting
« Reply #30: August 01, 2018, 10:01:16 AM »
As to inf vs archers. Keep in mind that a while ago the archer bug that reduced archer damaged by factor 3 was fixes. So archers now are much stronger than in the past.
So the only strategy is for infantry to reach archers lines faster, aggressive front setting. Still have to do something with range 5 but maybe in future if we have Speed statistics to track for the unit types(cavalry, infantry, archer, mixed infantry, special force) to determine who can move faster in battles.

I think it is just better to make all archers do that instead of just militia units but assign the ratio 3 ways - units closeby, units farther away, and the ground(missed arrows). Depending on training, maybe adjust the ratio so there are less ratio leaning toward missed. I'd just slash militia unit's morale(cap at 50 and set to police) and CS in general. Maybe upon becoming militia units they lose 50% of their stats or something while pay is doubled.
I agree, better reduce the efficiency. Maybe make the efficiency of unit correlated with character Leadership skill. The higher your Leadership skill, the more better performance your unit will act in battles. Militia unit without leaders or unit commander should have some missed arrows.

@Chenier. The lone or few infantry units who act as tank to take in all damages that archers give, so that his team archers can fight back. Perhaps with cavalry horse riders at back ready to pounce in to finish the rest of the opposing side. This method was utilized by Kurlock(Thanks Zakky) when Sandalak won the War Islands 2 rounds ago. It was further utilized or improved  in Sirion and allies versus Oligarch battles.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)