Author Topic: Angmar Ascendant?  (Read 5268 times)

steelabjur@aol.com

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Angmar Ascendant?
« Topic Start: July 29, 2018, 08:23:35 AM »
Given the monster/Undead swarms plaguing the island, I noticed Angmar has the most (by one) regions under her command, and the fourth highest noble count (and second highest Advie number). Not bad for a realm that started as a questionable spinoff of Nothoi.

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Angmar Ascendant?
« Reply #1: July 30, 2018, 08:38:51 AM »
They have done a good job of making themselves a powerful realm in their own right.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 31, 2018, 10:40:36 AM »
Seeing the battle report of Angmar army strength, I guess it is no surprise that they are doing much better than many realms. Their ability to attract many nobles, army movement are the factors I think that make them where they are today. At Angmar creation, people used to think as Nothoi underling. In time, this thinking has changed.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 31, 2018, 10:14:49 PM »
Angmar was never a Nothoi underling.  ;)

We are fractious friends and anxious allies, but never underlings.

There were times when I led Nothoi when I did not know how I was going to deal with them.

That's one reason I stepped down when I did.  Not the only reason, and not even a deciding reason, but it did weigh on me.  In the end, it was time for me to step down because dealing with the twin responsibilities of leading a realm and a religion did not work well together.  Basically, if Yao Ling did not step down from realm rulership, Daishi would have been hopelessly politicized, and that I could not allow.  Also, the invasion was over.  It was time to step down.  ;)

But yes...Angmar was a thorn in my bonnet.  :)

JeVondair

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • SWTOR Reapers Guild
« Reply #4: August 08, 2018, 06:05:34 PM »
Is it me or have there been an awful lot (more than 2) of Portals opened in Angmar these past couple months?
"Behavior that's admired is the path to power among people everywhere"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 08, 2018, 06:40:59 PM »
Angmar was never a Nothoi underling.  ;)

We are fractious friends and anxious allies, but never underlings.

There were times when I led Nothoi when I did not know how I was going to deal with them.

That's one reason I stepped down when I did.  Not the only reason, and not even a deciding reason, but it did weigh on me.  In the end, it was time for me to step down because dealing with the twin responsibilities of leading a realm and a religion did not work well together.  Basically, if Yao Ling did not step down from realm rulership, Daishi would have been hopelessly politicized, and that I could not allow.  Also, the invasion was over.  It was time to step down.  ;)

But yes...Angmar was a thorn in my bonnet.  :)

Daishi being politicized!?! No way! This could never be!

/sarcasm  ;D
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 09, 2018, 07:11:51 PM »
Exactly.

It could never be.

Daishi's mission is to unite humanity against the destroyers.  Daishi does not become involved in purely human affairs.

That has been Daishi's mission for ages, and is the reason Daishi is the most widespread, powerful, and recognized religion in the bloody game as far as I can tell.  ;)

SA on Dwilight may have more people, though they are MUCH smaller and more fractured than they used to be.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 09, 2018, 08:26:08 PM »
Oh yea, I clearly remember Daishi being totally apolitical during the days of Hetland.  ::)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Medron Pryde

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 10, 2018, 09:12:21 AM »
Yes.

Back when Daishi was the official religion of Hetland, only Hetland, and had no representation outside of Hetland.

Then Hetland died, and the only way Daishi could survive was by spreading out and joining other realms before the Daimons finished burning down all of our temples.

From that day on, Daishi had to change or it would not be welcomed in other lands.  That is when it became the non-political religion devoted to uniting humanity against the destroyers.

Adapt or die.  I chose adapt.  ;)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 10, 2018, 03:51:47 PM »
Give it time.  8)