Author Topic: Rejected: Line of Succession  (Read 1704 times)

Blint

• Knight
    • View Profile
Rejected: Line of Succession
« Topic Start: July 31, 2018, 06:02:40 PM »
I have been doing some thinking lately and thought it would be cool if for certain government types - Mainly Monarchy and I suppose an argument could be made for Tyranny - if the ruler had the chance to name a successor in more than just RP? Would it be possible to add a feature that allows a ruler to name a successor in the event that they are either:
  • A)Killed
  • B)Removed from their position as ruler either due to wounding, imprisonment, or deportation?

My thought was the game essentially skips the election process and acts as though someone had been appointed to the position... If no successor has been selected/chosen AND/OR the successor themselves is unable to take office (Wounded/in prison) then the normal election process triggers. 

I imagine the coding could get rather tricky (or so I assume since I know next to nothing about coding) and I would think if this was introduced there could be a need for some "if/then" logic surrounding rebellions... Again I know next to nothing about coding, but my thought was the line of succession is nullified if the current ruler loses their position via a rebellion..

Just my thoughts..
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:00:15 AM by Vita »
A good chess player plays 3 moves ahead, A great chess player plays 1 move ahead, but it's always the right move.