Author Topic: Under Debate: RC stat display during RC roll  (Read 2060 times)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Under Debate: RC stat display during RC roll
« Topic Start: July 24, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »
Title: RC stat display during RC roll

Summary:When you are rolling for RCs, you get a number indicating initial recruits but that stat is pretty meaningless.

Instead, showing how many recruits you will have at lv1 would help more since not everyone knows the number of max recruits at lv1 per different RC type.

Details:

Benefits: Replacing a meaningless stat with something useful

Possible Downsides/Exploits: None

« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:00:36 AM by Vita »

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: RC stat display during RC roll
« Reply #1: July 25, 2018, 10:04:29 AM »
While I understand not everyone knows the exact numbers, I do not see how this can be useful.
If you're building a recruitment center, it's level 1. It's always going to be the same value for all consult options, right? (25)

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Buildings#Recruitment_Centres

The total number of recruits that can be trained and available in a recruiting center at any one time is a function of the size of the center. When a new recruiting center is constructed, it is size 1 and can hold a maximum of 25 troops. The total number doubles each time it is enlarged. For example, a size 2 recruiting center can hold 50 troops, and a size 3 can hold 100 troops. The maximum size of a recruiting center is related to the type of region in which it is located.

Perhaps it is interesting to just mention it at the top that you'll build a level 1 RC which will have max 25 recruits in it, but I wouldn't add it as an extra column in the table.

And I disagree, I think the 'Starting Recruits' is useful information.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 10:07:11 AM by Wimpie »
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

feyeleanor

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 25, 2018, 11:59:09 AM »
The maximum number of troops at each level is different for cavalry and SF so perhaps showing the progression for each size the RC can expand to in that region could be helpful to some players when comparing options.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 25, 2018, 12:50:14 PM »
The maximum number of troops at each level is different for cavalry and SF so perhaps showing the progression for each size the RC can expand to in that region could be helpful to some players when comparing options.

That is true, so then this might become useful.
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)

Zakky

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 25, 2018, 07:39:13 PM »
For SF and Cav I think it is only 15?

Might be 20 for Cav. 15 for SF for sure.

I don't understand why how many recruits you get by building an RC matters at all when you only get 1~10 people. Not even half of your lv1 RC's capacity. It provides nothing useful.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 26, 2018, 03:14:14 AM »
Well, if you are in serious !@#$, and need recruits now...

Yea, if you are THAT desperate, your realm is probably going to die anyways.

Still, why not. "15/25" recruits to start with, and such, would help remind people what the capacity of those are.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron