Author Topic: Can we cut Dwilight some slack now?  (Read 13503 times)

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
Re: Can we cut Dwilight some slack now?
« Reply #30: August 25, 2018, 08:53:41 PM »
I hope that someone is collating and considering these ideas. There are some creative ideas here.

I have yet another suggestion. This idea will allow us to use the whole map, and it will be quite easy to implement. Here it is. We know we need 60 regions to have a density of 3 players or more per region. So lets do this: Put a blight on about 60% of all regions across the whole map. The rules of the blight are that blighted regions cannot be taken over, have zero population and are always starving. This makes them possible to traverse but they can never be part of a realm. This can be done with a random map generator until the devs get a map that looks workable. It need not be a lot of effort. As a result, good areas which have a city and contiguous regions will be sought after and fought over. Since the blight will occur all over the continent it should affect all realms equally.

Please consider it.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 26, 2018, 01:40:57 AM »
That's how things often work out in real life too.

To further clarify my point, the code is supposed to make all realms go at about 1:3 to 1:2 density, right? But it's not. Some realms have 1:6 density and still get crushed, other realms have about 1:2 and are doing pretty much fine.

If the density code isn't really punishing low density as much as it is punishing poverty... is it not going a little bit beside its intended purpose? Furthermore, if the code's result will be to force realms into only being in the richest cities... are we not going to end up with further isolation of the realms?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 26, 2018, 10:13:54 PM »
To further clarify my point, the code is supposed to make all realms go at about 1:3 to 1:2 density, right? But it's not. Some realms have 1:6 density and still get crushed, other realms have about 1:2 and are doing pretty much fine.

If the density code isn't really punishing low density as much as it is punishing poverty... is it not going a little bit beside its intended purpose? Furthermore, if the code's result will be to force realms into only being in the richest cities... are we not going to end up with further isolation of the realms?

Oh you mean crushed by the monsters rather than crushed by other realms.

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 27, 2018, 03:33:18 PM »
I'd really appreciate some sort of clarity so that I can plan. As soon as a fix is agreed it would be good if it could be posted here.

Vita`

• BM Dev Team
  • Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 27, 2018, 04:37:15 PM »
It has been the intent ever since daviceroy suggested it to change to a red text warning for low density on the start takeover page, blocking takeovers of rogue regions at a lower density level, and if a blocked-rogue-TO realm is in a human war and TOs a region it goes rogue instead of joining their realm. And an Abandon Region mechanic. And reduce rogue spawning and targeting.

Additionally, I've been looking at resurrecting the old nomad code from glaciers for realms who might want to forsake their lands to conquer new land elsewhere (or be given land by another ruler).
This code is almost ready.

Qureshima1

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35: August 28, 2018, 12:30:56 AM »
Thank you Vita. Sounds workable. Can I make one more suggestion to add to your changes. Could you also add a message to the realm report that warns the ruler when they have too few knights for their regions and are at danger of attracting rogue. That will give them a warning that they need to abandon a region. This will be useful warning when a realm loses nobles.

Rizky

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36: October 12, 2018, 02:55:03 PM »
to add more interactions/activity, maybe make nobles able to message other allied, federated, and/or neighboring nobles, just like how they can message their realm mates. maybe even get message alert if those other realms have a new noble joined.

pcw27

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: October 13, 2018, 03:04:51 PM »
to add more interactions/activity, maybe make nobles able to message other allied, federated, and/or neighboring nobles, just like how they can message their realm mates. maybe even get message alert if those other realms have a new noble joined.

Federations can just create guilds for that. Luria already does.