Author Topic: Messages  (Read 5144 times)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Topic Start: August 06, 2018, 06:40:44 PM »
I think it's because of the update, but I cannot see my messages anymore. I sent one just before the turn change, now I think I just missed it...  :'(
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Messages
« Reply #1: August 06, 2018, 06:41:27 PM »
Do you mean you cannot see a message you sent in your Sent Messages page?
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 06, 2018, 06:46:10 PM »
No, any message. On my work desktop or on the smartphone. With every char.
Serpentis again!

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 06, 2018, 06:50:09 PM »
I did a dumb. Forgot to actually add the new tables required for the new features.

Added them. Please try again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 06, 2018, 06:50:47 PM »
Now you did your magic, it's working now.
Thanks!
Serpentis again!

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 07, 2018, 03:26:17 PM »
Scout reports shared through the attachments when sending a 'Report' message look very odd under this new system. Really just a blank message with the attached scoutings under the character names. Overall, I think the new system is an improvement, but this just looks strange. I'm not sure whether anything can be done to make it look a bit more elegant.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 07, 2018, 03:43:34 PM »
Scout reports shared through the attachments when sending a 'Report' message look very odd under this new system. Really just a blank message with the attached scoutings under the character names. Overall, I think the new system is an improvement, but this just looks strange. I'm not sure whether anything can be done to make it look a bit more elegant.

I think the easiest way to make it more elegant (from my perspective) would be to prohibit empty messages.
Timothy Collett

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 07, 2018, 05:15:00 PM »
I think the easiest way to make it more elegant (from my perspective) would be to prohibit empty messages.

I'd rather not, though. Entering text is extra hassle on mobile. Pops up the keyboard, which on older mobiles or ones funking out can bog things down.

Maybe the game can auto-generate a very generic message for letters that have attachments but no text? "Here are some reports", or something along those lines.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 07, 2018, 08:33:58 PM »
Being the annoying one, the personal messages are without borders now... it can be annoying to find what's personal, what's realmwide, etc...
Serpentis again!

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 08, 2018, 04:00:15 AM »

Which is fair enough. But it would probably just be people writing 'Scout Reports', or something like that. It's really just an aesthetic issue about how it all looks. If, as Chenier reports, it causes problems on mobile to write messages, it's probably best not to prohibit empty messages. People will probably get used to the new look reports.

Wimpie

• Developer
  • Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 08, 2018, 08:15:22 AM »
Being the annoying one, the personal messages are without borders now... it can be annoying to find what's personal, what's realmwide, etc...

Yes, and I think Delvin is already aware of this.
But you are right, I have a hard time spotting the difference as well  :)
Osgar (Thalmarkin, BT), Jeames (Perleone, EC)
PAUSED: Nasgar (Avernus, DWI), Jari (Outer Tilog, COL)