Author Topic: Heraldry on Messages  (Read 5820 times)

Andrew

• M&F's Anaris
  • Administrator
  • Noble Lord
  • Sometimes, With A Bopping Stick
    • View Profile
Heraldry on Messages
« Topic Start: August 14, 2018, 11:51:25 AM »
Title: Display Family Heraldry on Messages
Summary: Display a small version of the family heraldry on messages, probably on the right side. As heraldry is stored as svg files, this would increase individual message load sizes by, at most, 29KB per message.
Details: In combination with the above, the file size increase would only be per message if every message was from a unique person, and not just the game telling you what happened. As this would increase bandwidth usage and add another thing to see, we may only wish to add this to the main browser format, rather than the mobile view. It may also be possible to have a user setting to disable them, which might not be a bad idea.
Benefits: It looks cool and makes it easier to recognize message senders at a glance, in contrast with the game's "every name is white" present format.
Downsides: Load times would increase a small amount as the browser would need to download each individual .svg file for each heraldry, and it may clutter the message display.

Edit: Wimpie yelled at scolded me for not using the format prescribed for feature requests.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 12:10:17 PM by Andrew »
Like my programming? Become my patron!