Author Topic: NewReader/NewWriter feedback  (Read 12227 times)

Abstract

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: NewReader/NewWriter feedback
« Topic Start: June 11, 2019, 10:24:28 PM »
From discord, posted here to help keep track of feedback.

Jdodger:

my initial reaction is that its going to be much more confusing for new players with those very opaque tab names
the old message system, while imperfect at least is very clear in the intent of the things you need to click on
the new reader is even worse in the same regard
yikes
how is this supposed to improve the game? seems way harder to navigate, much less intuitive

Bronnen:

Excited about the reply to list option

Dodger:

that is definitely a good idea, but one that could be implemented without a bunch of opaque menus and submenus

Tourmaline:

Using it a few time and it makes good sense
I think the order of some tabs should change
like probably Personal should be the first tab
then under Hierarchy I would put Realm and then Military and then rest
What is really missing is a list of everyone in the selection, that is needed
When a message is sent it doesn't say who it was sent to which is weird
What is cool however is now there is a 'Conversation' that was created so I can easily message the same set of people again

jdodger:

New players are not going to use it multiple times in order to figure it out
If myself an only half retarded person who has played this game for years can't look at that and immediately figure out how it works it is way too complicated for new players

Tourmaline:

What do you think would make it more clear or intuitive?

jdodger:

way less submenus
If you're going to have a system where the things you are actually looking for are hidden and you need to click through multiple menus to get to them it requires that the initial clicks are extremely obvious as to their intent which at present they are not
At best when I look at the the initial selection of menus I'm making educated guesses as to what is within those menus. New players aren't even able to make educated guesses so they will be clicking blindly through menus to try to find the appropriate final click to send the message to the person that they want to send it to
The present system, which I do acknowledge is flawed, is not that terrible. at least it puts the Final Destination directly in front of you and while you need to read through a list of things at least it's right there on the same page and you don't need to click multiple times, possibly not even clicking on the correct thing to begin with, to find the Final Destination IE the person or list you actually want to send a message to

Tourmaline:

Well it's like the balance between not enough options visible and too many options visible lol
Like Realm, Council, Duchy, Region can probably be put together
So instead of Hierarchy you have just Realm and Military at the top

jdodger:

I'd rather have everything in front of me where I can see it rather than hidden behind multiple clicks which are not obvious to their intent

Tourmaline:

I really like the tab Organizations however
It's fine for that to be tabulated and more hidden and noobs won't have it anyways
maybe instead of calling it Realm call it General and also put Location under that

« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:55:28 AM by Abstract Logic »