Author Topic: NewReader/NewWriter feedback  (Read 12175 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: NewReader/NewWriter feedback
« Reply #15: June 26, 2021, 06:31:17 PM »
First off, love the look of the new reader and the new features are very cool.

I noticed a couple of things just in my cursory glance through.  The first is that marked messages aren't appearing correctly.  There is no tab in the new viewer to easily reach my currently marked messages.

Ah; yes, this is an oversight that will be rectified Soon™.

As well, marked messages seem to be removed from the "Today" tab once they are marked.  They re-appear once unmarked.

...That's a bit odd.

The other thing that immediately jumped out at me is that the filters "All types - messages - reports - events - orders - OOC" are missing.  This was a super useful tool to quickly find relevant messages and I hope it will be included again soon.

My hope was that the customizable tab filters (once the filter-builder is more accessible) will be able to make that unnecessary.

However, it's also possible that some people will always want those, at least on some tabs; if that proves to be the case, then I may add an option to include it per-filter (aka per-tab).

I'll keep looking around and messing with it and update the thread as I find anything else worth mentioning.  Excited for this and the new writer to launch!

Glad to hear it! ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan